Wet floor?

billharr

Has anyone seen water come under the rear door driving in HEAVY rain? Tonight I noticed some dampness with a bare foot. Checked every plumbing connection all dry behind panels I took off to be sure. Water looks to start by rear door and went under my rubber backed carpet. Last several days we have been driveing in very heavy rain. Put paper towels by the rear door to see if they get wet. But it does not supposed to rain tomorrow.

I don't know Bill, but would you bring some of that heavy rain back to Northern California. We could sure use it.
Gregg

Is the seal around the door intact?

Has the loitering pinniped been neutered? is another way of asking this question.

Alan

You will need to do some very careful sleuthing to be sure water at the back of the camper is not coming from behind the lift panel versus some other place. We get condensation behind the rear lift panel which only comes out when we are driving and from varying places on the lift panel.

Door seal tight, top and both sides. There was no condensation on PPP up. Camped in dry area before we hit the rain then a night at a friends and a night in a motel. Does not look like the door is sealed at the bottom. Look like a U going on the frame. Looks like it pulled over the frame and into the camper. No rain and dry, did have to wipe a lot of condensate.

My 2014 Fleet door lets snow and rain in, it sucks. We first noticed it because rainwater came in and wet the inside of the door and the floor, then saw snow built up inside the door when the camper was off the truck, no heat, below zero. I've been meaning to get the camper back up to the dealer before the warranty runs out, isn't it a year?

If you have a fantastic fan, you can lower the roof, turn on the fan to create air pressure inside the camper. Light a stick of incense and check around the seals for leaks with the incense stick.

Bill, if the door looks fine, check that the cap on the fresh water tank of your porta-potty is properly fastened. I didn't get mine back on fully one time and water sloshed out onto the floor by the door.

Bill D said:
If you have a fantastic fan, you can lower the roof, turn on the fan to create air pressure inside the camper. Light a stick of incense and check around the seals for leaks with the incense stick.
Good idea, will try when I get back or get some incense.

Bosque Bill said:
Bill, if the door looks fine, check that the cap on the fresh water tank of your porta-potty is properly fastened. I didn't get mine back on fully one time and water sloshed out onto the floor by the door.
Had that happen in my old camper so I only fill the pot half full of water, also lighter. That area was dry the wet was by the rear door.

Looks like I will be driving in the rain heading south Thursday. I plan on taping the read door to see if it works. If it does I will seal the bottom of the door when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom