What suspension upgrades do you have?

Chevy Colorado Diesel. Boise Springworks pack. (they remove overload leaf and added 5 more... Raises it 1.5"). I might consider putting on Firestone bags for adjusting side to side. We did a 12,000 mile trip to AK and back. Started with just an add-a-leaf.... was happy with the rider so we stopped into Idaho on return. I also put a swat bar on. rock solid. We were heavier than needed...over packed tools etc for every possible problem... way too much. I also Have AT3 Cooper E rated tires they are good.

I have a '13 Tacoma Access Cab (w/2" lift) Long bed with a '15 Fleet. I put in Bilstein 5100's and only Sumo Springs to assist the extra camper weight. I asked about this setup at the factory and have had a suspension expert check now that I had my camper on full time since Dec. '16 and was told it is working fine. Total cost under $500.

I decided to add an extra OME leaf to my Dakar leaf pack. I wanted to take some of the load responsibilities away from the airbags, and figured it couldn't hurt if I ran into a situation where my airbags leaked or crapped out and I needed to get home without relying on them. I previously had about 30psi in my airbags, and with the additional leaf in the Dakar pack I lowered the airbags down to 10psi and retained the same ride height.

Sharx said:
I have a '13 Tacoma Access Cab (w/2" lift) Long bed with a '15 Fleet. I put in Bilstein 5100's and only Sumo Springs to assist the extra camper weight. I asked about this setup at the factory and have had a suspension expert check now that I had my camper on full time since Dec. '16 and was told it is working fine. Total cost under $500.
Which color Sumo Springs? Blue (500 lb load)?

I have a 2007 tacoma with a Fleet shell. I did a OME kit all the way around, with dakar springs and an add a lear. I also had a shackle drop put on the rear to fix the overall rake. Upgraded from a cooper m/s to a BFG KO2. I think the tires made the biggest difference.

Yes, Blue Sumo's. I also should add that I put on E-Series load BFG A/T's and agree it was the biggest difference.

Back
Top Bottom