What to do? What to do?

Silvertip47

The Chair Bandit
From my previous posts most of you know I am really wanting a Dodge Power Wagon. Local Dodge Dealer just called and said they took in an 06 in immaculate shape with 20K miles.

I can afford the trade although I will take a beating trading in a '10 this soon. My big problem is that my present pop up camper is too heavy for a PW.

My original plan is to wait until I can get a FWC Hawk and then possibly a PW. I am willing to mod the PW to carry a the lighter Hawk but no way will it be happy with my Northstar.

Do I jump on a great deal on a PW and cancel all my off road camping plans for a couple years or stick with original plan?

Right now I am leaning towards my original plan but dang it's HARD!!! :(

....I will take a beating trading in a '10 this soon.

.....my present pop up camper is too heavy for a PW.

....no way will it be happy with my Northstar.

.....cancel all my off road camping plans for a couple years?

I don't see one "pro" in this scenario, only "cons".... Stay the course! ;)

From my previous posts most of you know I am really wanting a Dodge Power Wagon. Local Dodge Dealer just called and said they took in an 06 in immaculate shape with 20K miles.

I can afford the trade although I will take a beating trading in a '10 this soon. My big problem is that my present pop up camper is too heavy for a PW.

My original plan is to wait until I can get a FWC Hawk and then possibly a PW. I am willing to mod the PW to carry a the lighter Hawk but no way will it be happy with my Northstar.

Do I jump on a great deal on a PW and cancel all my off road camping plans for a couple years or stick with original plan?

Right now I am leaning towards my original plan but dang it's HARD!!! :(

Hang on... It's a 3/4 ton truck?!?

Get the truck, esp. if it's a deal. You can get the camper later, and *I'll bet* your Northstar will work plenty good 'nough.

Right now I am leaning towards my original plan but dang it's HARD!!!
sad.gif

From your previous posts.....I thought you were the "half ton guy". Every time the question between 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton comes up...you always go with the 1/2 ton. Why are you lusting after a 3/4 ton? Ha...just enjoy whatever you buy.

Check out this link: http://dieselpower.a...agon/index.html

Honestly I don't know why you would pay the premium for a Power Wagon when even Dodge says it's not a good truck for a camper. Why not just get a regular Dodge full-sized truck?

The only one that probably got a great deal on the Power Wagon was the dealer.

:)

I don't see many (if any) truck & auto dealers selling a newer truck at a great deal these days.

They know the market, they know their consumers, and they know what the value of the truck is.

But that said, just about every customer that buys one does walk away thinking they got a great deal.

:eek:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Do I jump on a great deal on a PW ... ?

:LOL: I know that feeling! but remember that "great deals" are always coming along. Now tell me to stop thinking about buying a boat!

Thanks guys. STAY THE COURSE!!! Yep that's what I needed to hear.

I get myself in more trouble with impulse buying!!!

It's not that I really prefer a half ton. This is my first half ton in many many years. And it is a very capable truck within it's load limits. Or slightly over in my case with my Northstar!!! :oops:

Back
Top Bottom