What To Use For Gray Water?

Silvertip47

The Chair Bandit
I would like some type of closed system for when I HAVE to camp in a campground. I've seen the 5 gallon bucket with lid and hose attached but can not find where to buy one.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

we sell the "covered bucket"

they work pretty well

$24.95

you might be able to find them on line at other RV stores

Attachments

• covered bucket.jpg
    covered bucket.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 485
I made one just like that covered bucket out of a collapsible water jug and an old hose. It fits in the propane tank compartment.

we sell the "covered bucket"

they work pretty well

$24.95

you might be able to find them on line at other RV stores.

I use a collapsable 5 gallon water container from Walmart, and hose clamped a length of water hose with the fitting on one end to fit the outlet of my camper. Works well, no major issues with the campgrounds, plus it comes in handy when you need to douse a burned out campfire before breaking camp.

Good luck

I use a collapsable 5 gallon water container from Walmart, and hose clamped a length of water hose with the fitting on one end to fit the outlet of my camper. Works well, no major issues with the campgrounds, plus it comes in handy when you need to douse a burned out campfire before breaking camp.

Good luck

We carry a small 3gal bucket (from homedepot in paint department) that we use to catch the water and it stores under the couch fine. It serves double duty (haha) as an emergency bathroom if needed somewhere (assuming no water is in it): Put a trash can liner in, spring some kitty litter in, go, more kitty litter and knot the bag off.

If you or a friend have cats, it's easy. By 1 or 2 of the cat litter containers at Costco. Empty the containers into the cats litter box. Cut a 1" round hole in the snap-on lid. Buy a 4' washing machine hose with a right-angle connection. Snap the lid on the container, drop the hose through the hole and connect to camper. Net cost is about $12 if you don't have cats and about $6 if you do.

If you get a second container, it makes a great fresh water bucket that easily stacks with the gray water bucket while traveling.

These buckets are also great for storage.

Attachments

• 4WC Waste Bucket & Generator.jpg
    4WC Waste Bucket & Generator.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 234
  • Storage.jpg
    Storage.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 226
jimjxsn said:
I made one just like that covered bucket out of a collapsible water jug and an old hose. It fits in the propane tank compartment.
We also use a collapsible five gallon jug, but fit ours and hose into the compartment where the shore power cord is stored.

Back
Top Bottom