What yr did FWC switch power plugs?

Pax2525

Hey,

Ive got a questions for all the FWC experts. What yr did FWC switch to the Marinco to the Atwood power points? Just trying to figure out what yr I would need which plug on a used camper.

Hope that question makes sense, Thanks!

My 2012 had the old style. My 2015 the new one.

At least I narrowed it down for you a bit! :)

For those of us with the older Marinco version:

What’s the newer Atwood model number and where do we get it?

How do we make the swap?

Thanks

Pax2525 said:
Hey,

Ive got a questions for all the FWC experts. What yr did FWC switch to the Marinco to the Atwood power points? Just trying to figure out what yr I would need which plug on a used camper.

Hope that question makes sense, Thanks!
The only thing I could find is this: In post #4 of this Camper Battery Charging Problem thread, Stan says the switch from Marinco to Attwood was about a year and a half ago, i.e., a year and a half before his May 23, 2012 post. However, we also see (above) that Durango had the old style on his 2012 unit. I'd guess this has something to do with how FWC phased in the change.

esimmers said:
For those of us with the older Marinco version:

What’s the newer Atwood model number and where do we get it?

How do we make the swap?

Thanks
I don't have either so can't offer much specific help on how to change over. But Stan says it's easy and if you click on the down-arrow at Electrical and Solar on this Service Manuals page, then scroll down, you'll see info on both of them. Looks like the kit for the Attwood one is 7622-7 (since you need both plug and receptacle). I see Amazon has it listed here as an Atwood when it's actually Attwood.

Note- I'm presuming you have running lights and need the three-wire version. If you don't have running lights, you could use the two-wire version of that Attwood trolling motor plug/receptacle.

Silly me, I thought we were discussing the replacement of the 30-Amp Marinco 120 volt power inlet. I'd sure like to replace it with a 20-Amp version so I could just plug in a regular extension cord without needing to use the short heavy yellow adapter to connect a regular extension cord to the 30-Amp inlet.

Stan@FourWheel said:
Just upgrade it to the Atwood version if it has the old Marino. The Atwood plug is much better. It’s easy to switch.
Hi Stan, why is the Atwood better? The Atwood female plug isn't water proof, the spring loaded cover has a big gap on top of it that will allow rain to flood the three plugs when the camper isn't plugged in. The Marino has a cover. This is what came in my kit from FWC wire kit, why not a waterproof version?

Back
Top Bottom