Where does your dog(s) ride?

Dylan looks just like my choclate lab, harley tucker! Did you get him from a breeder in Oregon? I'll try to post a picture, I haven't learned how to do that yet. Terri

Terri

I brought Dylan and his sister Dakota out from Stanton, Nebraska

Travel Buddy

He rides in the camper, too big to ride up front. This is from our Baja trip.

Attachments

• IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 526
okay, another pooch pic

Katie rides in the extended cab. She likes to make comments about trucks and motorcycles that she sees. She's also an early warning system regarding elk. She saved me from a collision with one once, with a timely salvo of barks.

Attachments

• Katie_small.jpg
    Katie_small.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 440
Where ever she can find a comfortable spot

Notice the guilty look of the black and white dog. This isn't her truck.

Attachments

• Jamey_03.jpg
    Jamey_03.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 440
Here's Ruby in the back of the jeep after a day body surfing at The Lost Coast.

Attachments

• 116-1639_IMG.jpg
    116-1639_IMG.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 423
Here are my two on the recent trip to Death Valley in the extended cab. Unfortunatly the old Blue Heeler passed away a couple weeks later, she was almost 16, had a good run!

471282751_RCXhB-M.jpg

This pic is at the charcoal kilns in DVNP. He decided to go on an unauthorized exploration higher into the ridges with the snow coming down and getting deeper and myself tracking his trail. After awhile I quit and figured he'd find his way back better than I could so I headed back and found him back at the camper:mad:
471304745_YUnEm-M.jpg

And the mandatory pic of the camper in Titus Canyon.
471293718_nMzwt-M.jpg

Wherever the hair is....

My girlfriend has two golden retrievers that we try and take wherever we go.. they ride in the backseat of my Tundra. We just got back from the snow and we had three adults and three dogs in the cab... Luckily all 6 of us are good friends.

I like the idea about the dog ramp. Where do you store it when it's not in use?

Clark

Attachments

• DSCN0619_2.jpg
    DSCN0619_2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 383
here's another of Kudra

This is at Haystack rock on the Oregon coast.
Also rafting Ross lake in the north cascades.
Not bad for a 13 year old German shepard -husky -chow.

Attachments

• oregon coast 010.JPG
    oregon coast 010.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 365
  • highway 20 sept 018.jpg
    highway 20 sept 018.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 351
CABnCruzer, I had to laugh when I saw your photo - it looked familiar. But we only have one.

Attachments

• Shelby.JPG
    Shelby.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 452
That's a great shot... Those dogs are fun... Beermeister, eh?

I just downloaded all of the breweries in the country onto my garmin gps... gotta like that

I just downloaded all of the breweries in the country onto my garmin gps... gotta like that.

Dirty Dog, did you see that? Anyone who does that deserves to be the Beermeister much more than I do. I'm not worthy. I bow down to CabnCruzer and suggest the moniker be transfered to him. I will do my best to do something on the Colorado trip that you can use for a new moniker for me.

Ted (Beermeister)... thank you...

Ted,

Thank you for the offer. But how about if you stay the beermeister? It would be very unbeermeisterlike of me to assume your title...

From this point forward I will be the Brewerymeister.:cool:

CB

Our 2 Goldens take up most of the back seat.

I also transport dogs for a Golden Rescue Group. On one run I tossed 3 Goldens in the front cab of my truck and put another in back....then drove 350 miles to meet someone else for a hand-off for the remainder of the journey to Denver.

thankfully no one had gas.

Attachments

• 2008 FWC Hawk13.jpg
    2008 FWC Hawk13.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 363
Great picture!

How did the one in the back do? We've been thinking about putting them in the back while we are driving but aren't sure how they'll do. Do you let them poke their heads through the pass through window?

Thanks, CB

He was really tired from his stay in the shelter and just CRASHED. (He said he was glad I trashed the fold-over couch...LOL)

My rear window is a full slider...still haven't figured out a way to connect the truck to the camper successfully and block the airlow...so no..they haven't poked their heads through.

However, we parked and went in to a restaruant to eat one night and it was REALLY cold so we put the dogs in back and turned the heater on!

Yes..they are spoiled. Why own em if they arent't?:thumb:

You mentioned the Hog Fest... sounds like a good one. Where/when is it?

See this thread from WTW Lounge section:

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1734

We don't expect to be able to make it but sounds like it will be quite a gathering.

Our favorite radio station out here is KPIG. Used to be KFAT.. the Fat One... LOL

My wife and I both grew up in Napa. KFAT didn't reach us there but I remember seeing the stickers on cars all the time.

Just got back from 2 months in Canada in our new (to us) FWC Hawk. Here are some photos of our Old Girl in her new camper.

She loves traveling in it and the extended bed I made her allows her to look out the front windows of the truck. She HAS to be able to see the road and with our old "shell" she had to sit or stand up. This was a big problem as her rear legs are really weak and she would collapse during stops, starts or sharp curves. Now she can remain laying down and see everything!

We were also able to leave the heater on for her while we were out skiing so she wouldn't freeze up and get stiff after hours of not moving. We feel a lot better about leaving her now.

We also get to have a bowl of hot soup with her at lunch time:thumb:

Attachments

• Lakota_fwc1.jpg
    Lakota_fwc1.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 314
  • Lakota_fwc2.jpg
    Lakota_fwc2.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 312
Back
Top Bottom