Which models will allow me to sleep across the camper?

Brewskier

Advanced Member
Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but upon reviewing the FourWheel website, I couldn't figure out the bed lengths on certain models. The Falcon model, for example, is the smallest, and has a 66"x75" pullout bed. I assume it is 66 inches from one side of the canvas to the other, and 75" from the end of the cabover section to halfway down the camper. So I would be sleeping parallel to the camper, which is not ideal, since it covers up the sink area. The Fleet model, which is in a midrange sized camper, has a 72"x76" bed, which suggests I can sleep across the camper (just barely). The Keystone model, which is the biggest, has a 64"x77" bed, which is similar to the small Falcon model.

Am I understanding this correctly? I seem to remember someone saying they could sleep across the camper in the Hawk model, which has the same size bed as the Keystone. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Thanks for your help

Four Wheel Camper's web site still sucks, update have been coming for years now. But this should answer your question

http://www.fourwheelcampers.com/extendedbeddetails.pdf

Four Wheel Camper's web site still sucks, update have been coming for years now. But this should answer your question

http://www.fourwheelcampers.com/extendedbeddetails.pdf

That helped a lot! Thank you. Glad to know it wasn't just me not understanding something that was obvious.

FWIW, We never use the 16" pullout on our Hawk. We have the extended overhang model and find the 48x77 mattress to be plenty of room for the two of us. We actually use one of the 16x38.5" pads (normally used for the pullout section) as a backrest for the settee to make our couch more of an ell shape.

Two items to consider:

• 4" foam vs 2" Even with the 4" pad we wish it was softer and may ultimately buy better foam.
  • I noticed the pullout, which is just a piece of 1/2" ply with a 1x3 oak lip, actually creates step down, right underneath the outboard sleeper. I usually sleep up front, but when we switched I noticed the 1/2" drop. I suppose you could fill in the remaining 32" or so with a 1/2" ply (adding weight) or remove the pullout (what I did). Frankly I'm surprised at this, it's not what I would expect.

FWIW, We never use the 16" pullout on our Hawk. We have the extended overhang model and find the 48x77 mattress to be plenty of room for the two of us.<snip>

Ain't love grand?
wink.gif

Yeh, I'm 5'11" and sleep fine, 'cept for two/three times Us old ones have to get up a nite to take care of business-then have to watch out for the dog when stepping down to the couch!:LOL:

Smoke

Back
Top Bottom