Which way do you sleep?

penner

So, we were having a discussion the other day on how we sleep in our ATC Ocelot. My Wife and I sleep North /South with our feet to the front of the camper. Yes, I do drop my pillow the odd time. Now, my Daughter and SIL have slept in it a few times and they sleep with their heads to the front and cant believe we sleep the other way. Sooo, for you that sleep north/ south which way is it ?

Our heads are on the west end, but that wasn't your question! We are short enough that it works, and don't use the slideout part of the bed.

rubberlegs said:
Our heads are on the west end, but that wasn't your question! We are short enough that it works, and don't use the slideout part of the bed.
+1. took the slide out cushions out of the first day. Have never slept N-S

Paul

PaulT said:
+1. took the slide out cushions out of the first day. Have never slept N-S

Paul
Our bed extender was 28 lb, and the cushions 14 lb. Saved 42 lbs, can add more FOOD! We also only take one 10-lb propane tank, that's another 27 lbs (full). Even MORE food!

Another east west. Depends on how I park. I don't mind a little east west orientation but not north south.

Our Ocelot is the 72" model and I am over 6ft so E/W doesn't work for me. It sure would be nice not to need the slide-out though.

N/S head to the front. It’s easier to scooch out feet first.

E to W or W to E depending on port/starboard tilt or where the moon will rise. That full moon can really seem bright in the high deserts. Has been known to wake us up in the wee hours.

rubberlegs said:
Our bed extender was 28 lb, and the cushions 14 lb. Saved 42 lbs, can add more FOOD! We also only take one 10-lb propane tank, that's another 27 lbs (full). Even MORE food!
Hmmm. I don't use the bed extender - wonder if I could take mine out (AT Bobcat)

teledork said:
Hmmm. I don't use the bed extender - wonder if I could take mine out (AT Bobcat)
For sure, it is only held in by gravity and friction. You may want to take the Oak(?) trim board off and attach it to the new unmovable edge of your bed so the mattress stays put.

Vic Harder said:
For sure, it is only held in by gravity and friction. You may want to take the Oak(?) trim board off and attach it to the new unmovable edge of your bed so the mattress stays put.
We didn’t do that and haven’t had the mattress move. But the bottom of our mattress is vinyl, so maybe it’s a little sticky.

Vic Harder said:
I'll take a look. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom