White Mountains Nevada - May 2018

Nice campsite! And a mystery to solve . . .

The feral horse and burro population is a tough one, especially for indigenous species trying to eke out a living.
But, to be fair, grazing allotments and use of spring water for cattle is quite an impact too, especially on arid lands.
I do admire the mustangs when I see them though.

Awaiting Part II and the second role of the dice with 60/40 odds.

Thanks for your comments Lighthawk and Casa! Please notice I've updated the first post with the link to the final, second part of our adventure. :)

Lighthawk said:
Nice campsite! And a mystery to solve . . .

The feral horse and burro population is a tough one, especially for indigenous species trying to eke out a living.
But, to be fair, grazing allotments and use of spring water for cattle is quite an impact too, especially on arid lands.
I do admire the mustangs when I see them though.

Awaiting Part II and the second role of the dice with 60/40 odds.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Great yes waiting for part two.
Thanks as usual for the ride.
Frank

The search will continue... What a fun landscape to explore.

Thanks for another entertaining report. Beautiful sunset pics.

You sure know how to keep someone looking for more. If you don't solve the mystery you'll drive me crazy :)

takesiteasy said:
The search will continue... What a fun landscape to explore.

Thanks for another entertaining report. Beautiful sunset pics.
Thanks takesiteasy! It is easy to fall in love with Nevada. :)

N'kwala said:
Looking forward to the third try...
So are we, so are we! :)

Boise said:
Some sunrise coffee and enjoying reading about your exploits, thanks M.
Sunrise and coffee go together. Thanks for the nice comment!

craig333 said:
You sure know how to keep someone looking for more. If you don't solve the mystery you'll drive me crazy :)
We'll keep at it Craig, we'll keep at it! We are doggedly persistent and don't give up easy. :)

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Fantastic Sierra wave,a not so common site.
Another great trip for all eyes to view.
Thanks for the great post.
Looking to more travel trips.
Frank
Frank, you are always so kind and we appreciate it! Thank you. :)

Got home just in time to read and see your tr about the Whites-and plan for the next trip-who knows where. Thanks, enjoyed this TR, now if it would stop raining so I could unload my pop-up and get ready for the next trip :) !

Smoke

Looks like a great trip! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to your return to continue the search.

Ski, Julie, another interesting trip. I'm hanging onto my seat. I hope I don't have to wait too long to learn the secret. The Sierra Wave is beautiful. jd

There are things I will not discuss with most people - religion, politics and FERAL horses (well, there are a few more topics - in fact I rarely discuss anything with anyone anymore)

Thanks for the trip!

Smokecreek1 said:
Got home just in time to read and see your tr about the Whites-and plan for the next trip-who knows where. Thanks, enjoyed this TR, now if it would stop raining so I could unload my pop-up and get ready for the next trip :) !

Smoke
Smoke, thanks for the kind comment and get out on that next trip! :)

Cayuse said:
Looks like a great trip! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to your return to continue the search.
We are looking forward to the continuing the search. Thanks for the nice comment! :)

Back
Top Bottom