White Mountains & Sierra Nevada Range - June 2019

Great report as usual. 395 and the Eastern Sierra have been my favorite destinations since a very young boy. My grandparents summered in Mammoth and wintered in Bishop for a period of time. I always look forward to your trip reports...thank you.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Such beautiful country! I’m glad you’re back out wandering. Keep that recovery on track!

Thanks for letting us tag along.
Indeed beautiful country and such a joy to move through and experience! Thanks Mr. Sage.

Foy said:
So very nice to see you kids back on the road, and the trail, once again.

Foy
And kids we shall remain. Thanks Foy!

Ronin said:
Another fantastic TR- thanks!!
Thanks Ronin, we appreciate it.

Mighty Dodge Ram said:
Great report as usual. 395 and the Eastern Sierra have been my favorite destinations since a very young boy. My grandparents summered in Mammoth and wintered in Bishop for a period of time. I always look forward to your trip reports...thank you.
All these wonderful places right in our backyard, how can anyone stay home? Thanks Mighty Dodge Ram.

Thank you searching for nowhere! You could spend more than a lifetime exploring all the incredible nooks and crannies.

searching for nowhere said:
Thanks for the report. You continue to remind me that I need to explore the Eastern Sierras.

Glad to hear that your sight is recovery.

Thanks Frank! The through hikers we encountered all had stories about our stellar snowpack this season. I continue to look forward to improvement with my vision.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Thanks Ski for the trip.
Beautiful area.Amazing the amount of snow around.
Glad to hear you are recovering well.
Keep doing what you do.
Frank

Another great report. It brought me back to my first encounter with Owens Valley in the summer of 1999. My friends planned an over night backpacking trip from Onion Valley to Kearsarge. That trip began my wanderlust of all things Owens Valley and surrounding areas. Glad to see the remaining snow.

I'm sure many many people remember their first experience in this wondrous country. We're happy to bring memories back for you. Thanks for the kind comment!

ETAV8R said:
Another great report. It brought me back to my first encounter with Owens Valley in the summer of 1999. My friends planned an over night backpacking trip from Onion Valley to Kearsarge. That trip began my wanderlust of all things Owens Valley and surrounding areas. Glad to see the remaining snow.
takesiteasy, yes, it is spectacular country. Thanks for the kind comment!

takesiteasy said:
Beautiful country to explore and beautiful photos to share. Thanks for your report!

ski3pin said:
Since our travel story includes Grandview Campground, a search is now ongoing for a 60 year old woman from Huntington Beach who is missing from the campground since Friday, July 12th. -

Search Continues for Missing Woman From Grandview Campground
I read the Lady was found alive, dehydrated but in relatively good condition. She reported that she became lost while trying to avoid a man with a knife who threatened to assault her.

In the news story last night and this mornings paper story, they made no mention of a man with a knife.
We really need to be aware out there in the remote places.

A couple weeks ago 2 hikers in Big Sur were threatened by a man on the hiking trail they were using.
Park rangers were called and the man was shot and killed.
He had a stash of ammo and guns at a campsite he was using in the back country.

There are a lot of scary people out there seems like our modern times are making them bolder.
Frank

It will be interesting to see how this incident plays out: Yesterday's ABC news included reference to a man with a knife, while the NBC news broadcast simultaneously did not mention it.

Foy

Back
Top Bottom