Why I Like Wander the West

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
Our house in Rockaway Beach sold while we were wandering around the southwest, so we're cutting things short by a couple of weeks to make a screaming trip back to Oregon. To check on our favorite route through Susanville, I gave Smokecreek a quick call to see how local roads are. Sure enough, Smoke had the straight scoop, and he didn't even mind when I abruptly said I had to go to photograph the javelinas in camp!

Smoke, thank you! It's much appreciated!!

Steve

The quality of people and info on this site is outstanding. It is my first stopping place when I get online, even above camera things.... that says a lot!

Here's one thing great about Oregon Parks, if your a vet with disabilities, even from out of state you can get a free annual pass.
I can't get that in my home state.
And yes after Memorial Day it starts to thins out, but will still reserve if your camping along the coast, both Fed and State.

iowahiker said:
"Why I like Wander the West": it's the site team. Where are you moving to since what could be better than Rockaway Beach, Oregon? Iowa? :)

We are planning to explore the northern Oregon coast during our fall trip this year and it will be interesting to see how "bad" it is. When do the crowds decline along the Oregon coast after Labor Day?
Actually, next door. When we decided not to move to Rockaway after retiring, and my father passed away, we decided to sell the larger house on a half acre and move into dad's little cottage. It won't seem the same without him being next door, but we have a lot of good memories. Of course we bought at the top of the market, and since some areas have not recovered after the downturn it means a bit of a loss.

Thanks for the kind words about the site team!!! That was nice!!

The Bride says no to moving back to Iowa. She was a Nora Springs and Decorah kid, and still remembers the winters.

Another 'NOOB'. I am a moderator on the Arima Owners (fishing boats) site and am finding this site to be similar. Laid back, no politics, religion or flaming, just a shared interest. A similar registration system too. Thank you moderators..

StreamFixer

StreamFixer said:
Another 'NOOB'. I am a moderator on the Arima Owners (fishing boats) site and am finding this site to be similar. Laid back, no politics, religion or flaming, just a shared interest. A similar registration system too. Thank you moderators..

StreamFixer
There is at least one other current Arima owner here in WTW, and I had a 17' Ranger until we moved to a CDory. Both are excellent boats!

Welcome to the group, and thanks for the kind words!!!

Like Streamfixer said, I follow a few other sites on various topics and without a doubt this is the best and it is so in a number of ways, yes it is great to find info especially when in a 'fix' and it is nice have solid advice from a lot of different views... but it is more than that, it is the tone, the willingness to help, nobody is trying to be anything else but kind. I have found it is in the tone that the moderators set and expect to be the norm, like a good environment for learning.....if it is expected, people will rise to the level of that expectation.
A good thing should be recognized.

buckland said:
Like Streamfixer said, I follow a few other sites on various topics and without a doubt this is the best and it is so in a number of ways, yes it is great to find info especially when in a 'fix' and it is nice have solid advice from a lot of different views... but it is more than that, it is the tone, the willingness to help, nobody is trying to be anything else but kind. I have found it is in the tone that the moderators set and expect to be the norm, like a good environment for learning.....if it is expected, people will rise to the level of that expectation.
A good thing should be recognized.
Thanks for the kind words about WTW, it's folks like you that are the heartbeat of the site!

Back
Top Bottom