Widening Side Dinette Bed

HandTurkee

Advanced Member
I'm curious if anyone has done custom pillows to go in the window sill along the side of the bed for the side dinette? It looks awfully narrow as is but seems like you might be able to widen it with additional pillows.

When I had my ATC built I had them build the front bench and dinette seat so they would be the same height as the side shelf. On a previous FWC I retro'd in the side dinette and had an upholsterer make the cushions to accomplish the same thing. The shelf doesn't have any padding but adds a little width to spread out more. Here's a pic of how it looks in my Panther shell. Don't know if this is what you have in mind.

Attachments

• int - 1.jpg
    int - 1.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 195
Ronin said:
When I had my ATC built I had them build the front bench and dinette seat so they would be the same height as the side shelf. On a previous FWC I retro'd in the side dinette and had an upholsterer make the cushions to accomplish the same thing. The shelf doesn't have any padding but adds a little width to spread out more. Here's a pic of how it looks in my Panther shell. Don't know if this is what you have in mind.
I did the same thing on my shell build out for the same reasons. We sleep uptop on just the 48" pad but pulling the slide out give the feeling of being wider. Picture is from my build all I have now.

rollover+down.jpg

Yes, both are along the lines of what I had in mind. Thank you for sharing!

Our 2014 FWC has the side dinette and looks much like Ronon's photo when the bed is set up. I found the sections between the curtain and the shelf side to be somewhat uncomfortable when sleeping on it. I bought a 1.5 inch foam pad and cut it to cover all of the cushions and the shelf. It makes sleeping there more comfortable. I simply roll the pad up when the dinette is set back up.

HandTurkee,

I did a complete rebuild, and when I made the side dinette boxes for the seats, I made them the same height as the side shelf, so that all the cushions lay flat together, giving a bed of about 31” wide, and the cushions are 4” thick. It’s on page #267 in the link. You can go back a few pages to see the boxes without the cushions. Hope that gives you some ideas.

Poky

https://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/12116-full-build-out-reconstructing-a-1981-grandby-into-a-hawk/page-27

A little off the topic, I live in Canada getting a fleet for my tacoma, I’m told in heavy rain the forward window leaks if you have. Slider window, I like the idea for accessing into the trucks back seat any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom