Wind Buffeting

MikeBC

We are frequently bounced around by the air pushed ahead of oncoming trucks at speeds above 50 mph. Would an air foil mounted on the leading edge of our FWC or truck roof help reduce the buffeting? Any suggestions?

We are frequently bounced around by the air pushed ahead of oncoming trucks at speeds above 50 mph. Would an air foil mounted on the leading edge of our FWC or truck roof help reduce the buffeting? Any suggestions?

It does not help that much. In my experience it's the aerodynamic of the oncoming truck matters the most. If the truck is a newer truck that has better aerodynamic the wind buff is minimal even at 65mph on a two lane highway.

I haven't really noticed this problem. On my Dodge/Hawk combo though there is very little clearance. I haven't measured it, but definitely less than 2 inches or so. That with the quad cab truck and the regular bed arrangement in the Hawk keeps the front of the camper fairly far back from the front of the cab. I doubt there is much air getting in there as it comes over the front of the cab.

Kyle

what kind of truck do you have ?

camper model ?

==================================================

Back
Top Bottom