Winter is Here

Yep, "pineapple express" they call it. Yesterday in Bend we tied a record high temperature for the day: 69°F. At 9:30pm the temp was still 50°F, which could be a summer-night temperature.
rolleyes.gif

It's sad here. We've had every window in the house open every afternoon and the window over our bed open all night. Yesterday's high at South Lake Tahoe broke the previous record for that date by 5°. Please, please winter come back! :)

It's sad here. We've had every window in the house open every afternoon and the window over our bed open all night. Yesterday's high at South Lake Tahoe broke the previous record for that date by 5°. Please, please winter come back! :)

Yep-we be breaking records here and in Reno-too damn hot and no rain, much less snow!

Smoke

Well this is about the end of the sad reports on this year's dismal winter in the Sierra Nevada. Check this link out for current snowpack conditions in regard to water content and % of normal.
Snow Pack Conditions

I just checked the website for current status. It is so sad, central Sierra Nevada is at 37% of normal for this date and the southern Sierra at 15% of normal. I had the April 1st snow survey report for the Mokelumne River drainage come across my desk, 25% of normal.

I just checked the website for current status. It is so sad, central Sierra Nevada is at 37% of normal for this date and the southern Sierra at 15% of normal. I had the April 1st snow survey report for the Mokelumne River drainage come across my desk, 25% of normal.

That is sad, ski3pin. :(
Things are better, snow-pack-wise, in Oregon...but not good:

20130430_Oregon-SNOTEL.jpg

sad.gif

What ever season this is ---it sure has brought a cold wind with it for the second year in a row. I mean its cold and windy at night and in the mornings-even with the sun shinning away, unless you are in the direct sun its cold, yet we are supposed to hit "80" later this week, and be in the "30's" at night. Weird weather all around, fire watches everywhere, to hot to early, yep a interesting summer is ahead!

Smoke

Signs of summer here. The helicopters and airtankers are flying. Smoke visible on satellite photos. I have a feeling campfires will be banned before I get another weekend off.

Back
Top Bottom