Winter vacation report

takesiteasy

Winter got to us this year. Too many days of below zero highs and snow piling up (which means I shoveled it there, except when the wife did). We decided to take up a relatives' offer of a place to sleep in Palm Springs. We had never been there before and found the surroundings endlessly interesting (and of course, warm!) I posted a trip report to the blog.

http://travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com/2014/02/escape-to-warmth.html

Here is a teaser pic:

IMG_4250.JPG

The pic looks very inviting, but I can't bring myself to read the report yet. Over here in western Oregon we've been getting hammered with wind and rain ever since the ice and snow melted. It's a mess. Usually we're in southern Mexico at an all inclusive resort this time of year. Boo hoo. I'm glad someone has the good sense to get in out of the snow (rain). Not me, not this year.
Enjoy.

Your teaser pic sure looks different than the Minnesota and Wisconsin I remember. I'm looking forward to the read. Thanks!

Nice trip report. I retired from Hormel in Austin MN after 31 years, I worked in CA but went to Austin several times a year. Still have friends in MN, they all take a go somewhere warm vacation each year.

Looks like you enjoyed your time out there. We like the desert out that way.

Looks like you two had a nice getaway from winter and fun visit to the Palm Springs area. That was a fun trip report, thanks for letting us tag along!

ski3pin said:
Your teaser pic sure looks different than the Minnesota and Wisconsin I remember. I'm looking forward to the read. Thanks!
I've been looking through my winter photos and I can't find one that expresses how bitter cold and miserable a winter it has been, haha. I'm going skiing on the north shore this weekend, maybe I'll get a suitably miserable shot up there. :LOL:

billharr said:
Nice trip report. I retired from Hormel in Austin MN after 31 years, I worked in CA but went to Austin several times a year. Still have friends in MN, they all take a go somewhere warm vacation each year.
We haven't typically been of the warm vacation crowd but after this year, we just might join the annual migration!

While I was enjoying your cold temps, you were wearing shorts and T-shirts!! Glad you had a good trip.............

pvstoy said:
While I was enjoying your cold temps, you were wearing shorts and T-shirts!! Glad you had a good trip.............
Maybe you have a suitably miserable shot of our winter to share... No, yours probably make it look awesome too. :)

That's some "campground" you got stuck in.Nice scenery shots.
Went to Palm Springs/Big Bear once back in my navy days while stationed at San Diego.Sure has changed.
Thanks for the ride along.Did you bring back some of the warmth?
Frank

Frank, we had a few nice days in the 40's this week but today we are getting socked with a foot of snow and single-digit temps to follow for another week in the freezer. Palm Springs seems a distant memory already, but a good one. Yep, it was a nice campground.

Back
Top Bottom