Wonder Nevada

Ski, every time I read one of your posts I am overcome with a sense of calm and peace.
I am hoping to find more of that myself when we get more time to explore or wander...

Nice trip report Ski. I don't think I'd have had the guts to go out to rural Nevada when it's that cold outside. How were the piñon nuts? I just paid a RIDICULOUS price for a little bag of them at Raley's, but being from New Mexico, they're part of my fall tradition. I've collected them in the mountains between Reno and Virginia City in the past, but always earlier in the fall.

Very sorry to hear of your Thanksgiving woes (you made the story entertaining :p ). I would not have wanted to be battling that in the camper--good call on the motel room.

Mr. Groovy, the pine nuts were past their prime, earlier is better. We will start harvesting annually also. Pine nuts are just so good and I cannot make chicken piccata without them. :)

Always enjoy your TRs. We also love the solitude of Nevada. We are rockhounders, photographers and explorers. We also are history nerds who stop at all the historical markers. You could spend a long time in Nevada and still not visit all this state has to offer. Nothing to see in Reno or LV, imho. So sorry about your double dose. I had it once and thought i would die. Did you have vertigo? I did for several months afterwards. Btw, i rarely get the flu so maybe that was norovirus. Daughter was in public schools at the time. Happy trails.

This morning we received a very kind email from the owner of the stuck pickup letting us know they got safely out.

"I wanted to update you on the effort to pull my pickup from the collapsed roadway in the Clan Alpine Range. My friend maneuvered his pickup behind my vehicle. We attached a tow strap to the right rear axle and within twenty minutes after you continued your journey my pickup was back on the roadway and I was on to my next adventure. There was slight damage to the cowling on the front of the vehicle but nothing else. I was fortunate to have nothing further wrong.

I want to again thank you both for stopping and rendering aid to me. Both of you went above and beyond to help. It is wonderful to know there are still good people in the world."

Ski, nice. We would all benefit from taking time to help others. jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

Back
Top Bottom