working on making Tee Shirts

wagoneer

I have templates for making Tee Shirts any one interested?

Attachments

• DSC00012.JPG
    DSC00012.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 78
The idea of an Alaskan T-shirt sounds good but get your orders first before printing. About four years ago, I had 10 decals made and offered them for $15 each to cover the cost of design and production... it took me two years to sell them and recover my investment. Some of the online T-shirt printers have a minimum order requirement, might look at some local shops, too.

I'd be interested, but I take a size 3X Tall, and most places that do that kind of thing don't offer those kind of sizes. Still, let me know if they can accommodate me.

if it happens I will be going to Ross and get Haynes cotton Tee's and look for some good Dye or fabric paint and experiment.. I am not in it for the money.

I know a bit about the t-shirt biz. My suggestions would be as follows:

1) use a hefty 100% cotton shirt (just tell guys to keep it out of the dryer!)
2) one with a front pocket is invaluable
3) you have to decide to go subtle, i.e., a logo above the pocket about 3 1/2" long or one on the BACK of the shirt much larger. If you decide to forgo the front pocket, then a front printing will work but scaling it to size is important also
4) those screen prints than lay on a plastic design that makes you sweat like crazy are DEFINITELY not advised
5) while the ladies here may also want one, you have to think BIG here so unless you want to sit on a few SMALLS and even some MEDIUMS, I would suggest you will do best with the following. I know there will be some who want smaller sizes but that is what the dryer and 100% cotton is for....

40% = Large
30% = XL
25% = XXL
5% = XXXL

This is subject to a "Minimum Run" at a decent price as opposed to a much smaller run to test the waters so to speak, at a higher cost to you. No matter how you do this I think you should ask anyone who is interested if they prefer things like pockets and 100% cotton and if they prefer a front logo or a rear logo. Otherwise you can't be sure you don't end up with shirts that don't fit you that don't sell. Put a little amount of profit on each shirt to cover this eventuality and I certainly would not think that unfair.

Personally, I'd be interested in a t-shirt like I described above in the XXL size with a pocket and a smaller print on the front above the pocket...

But....you should research the number of people who are interested in buying one once you decide on a design. We didn't even discuss a color of the shirt but WHITE seems a bad choice as it is a dirt magnet. Alaskan logos are accented in GOLD ad GREEN and I think a forest green would be a cool woodsy color.

Oh yeah....about that trademark infringement issue....you'd better check with Bryan about this first.

The easiest, no investment of cash, process IMHO is a place called CafePress.

All you have to do is open a CafePress store, create the design in a JPEG format, submit the design, select what items you want the design printed on (T-Shirt, Ball Hat, Mouse pad, Coffee cup, etc., lots of different types of items), set the mark up above the CafePress minimum (can be ZERO markup, which is what I do). Give out the web address of your CafePress store and you're done.

A buyer orders whatever item they want from your CafePress Store and pays CafePress.
CafePress makes the item after the order is paid for and ships the item to the customer.

There is no inventory to get rid of, because there is no inventory. This is a make it when it is ordered type of deal.
Even if no one ever orders anything from your CafePress store, there is no cost.

I've done this for at least 10 years for my forum members.
Works great and I don't have to deal with anything.

Nice xxl long sleeve and xxl long sleeve. 2 of each. If you do this quality is #1
Thanks Mike

OK,,,, WOW a few things to consider here, I may just take my own take and see if anyone is interested. I will talk to Brian and I like Green . Stepping on no toes here, thanks for the input.

This thread is starting to remind me of the commercial where the neighbor asks do you know a good roofer? Good get me three quotes and schedule an interview on Tuesday, no make that Wednesday..

Russ

I think giving them away would not ruffle any feathers, just pay for shipping.

CougarCouple said:
This thread is starting to remind me of the commercial where the neighbor asks do you know a good roofer? Good get me three quotes and schedule an interview on Tuesday, no make that Wednesday..

Russ
Yes Russ

OK just started my first attempt. Will not be posting results till I am happy with the results. Thanks for the input.

Back
Top Bottom