Would you do this?....

MarkBC

The Weatherman
Site Team
...on your mountain bike in this location?

Radwanderung...

Looks to me like the bicycle equivalent of free-soloing a rock climb that's within your ability: Should be able to do it...but no room for error. All it would take is your elbow unexpectedly hitting one point of rock on the uphill side...
ohmy.gif

Personally, I think that if people want to do something that's risky-but-fun they should do this instead:
"The best wing suit /skydivefrom you tube PART1" or this,
Jeb Corliss " Grinding The Crack" ...much more reasonable!
tongue.gif

I snagged the cycling video link from the "What's hot on Google+" feature of Google+ (which is Google's answer to Facebook...superior in my opinion, but fighting an extreme headwind of FB-user inertia)

That trail wasn't meant for bikes. One small mistake and your dead. Those guys are knuckleheads but it was still a good video.

That trail wasn't meant for bikes. One small mistake and your dead. Those guys are knuckleheads but it was still a good video.

Yep...If I'd been a hiker on that trail I would have stood my ground and knocked 'em into the void! :D
That's the only way they'll learn... ;)

Heck that trail isn't meant for a lot of hikers either, at least the typical US tourons.

There was a time when I biked some narrow trails... but that video is impressive.

Beautiful location. Anybody know where it was, NorthSore of somewhere.

It was also fun to watch because they did not do it 'clean' as it is fine to put your foot down and enjoy the scenery.

Thanks for the link!

Nope, been mountain biking for the past 10 years. There are just too many things can go wrong with no margin for error. :) Fun to watch though.

at least the typical US tourons.

Glad to hear someone else using that fine term. It has been in my vocabulary about 30 years, especially when finishing a long wilderness outing and getting close to civilization one would start running into them.

The Portal Trail has exposure like that. Not nearly for as long though. Really you just don't look down. Well you can't anyways - too busy driving the bike.

I had daymares watching that and thinking about having my feet clipped in! Sometimes on the trails here there are some fairly high boardwalks that cross rivers, wetlands, canyons, or just drops. And I always get sketched out with my feet clipped in.

This video however is insane either way. I think I'd be hiking my bike back to the trailhead.

I thought they were going kind of slow. 40 years ago I would have gone a lot faster.

40 years ago you would have been riding a "10 speed" or a "sting-ray"
biggrin.gif

That's funny !

I was picturing something like this.

:)

Attachments

• red-1970s-banana-seat-bike.jpg
    red-1970s-banana-seat-bike.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 97
Ooh, thats a fancy version. Only the rich kids had those. I did however have a three speed. Wonder if they still make those?

I thought they were going kind of slow. 40 years ago I would have gone a lot faster.

They sure seem faster when you meet them on a blind corner hiking up the trail with a full back pack. Ran into that situation last Spring hiking in Austria.
The mad mountain bike craze has really taken on there and many mountains have special trails for bikes that I would not attempt on ski.

biggrin.gif

No I would be on a Ossa or Bultaco ;-)

Back
Top Bottom