WTW October Pork Rally

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team

Update:

The pork fest will be Saturday October 16th. This will be an event for folks that have RSVP'd ONLY. There is a chance the event will fill and we will cut if off at 15 vehicles if we get that many interested people. The exact location will be revealed to people that have rsvp'd but the general area is:

The likely location will be a spot just off highway 88 on the Mokelumne River, approximately 90 miles east of Sacramento

Please RSVP by sending me a PM. Also note that a donation of $10-20 will be asked for (based on what you can afford) per person for food and beer (Cort is bringing a couple pony kegs).

Alrighty here's the deal:

1. Sometime in October we are going to rally
2. Gandalf will be preparing a feast that will likely consist of a roast pig
3. It will be somewhere in California with possible destinations being Mendocino County or the Alabama Hills.

This one will be a bit different in that we are confirming up front that food will be supplied for one gigantic meal and we will be reserving your hunk of pork when you confirm your attendance AND make a modest donation so that Gandalf isn't fronting all the food money. If you have seen the chicken roast photos at the Warner rally, you'll relaize that this is an event not to be missed.

SO:

1. Are you interested?
2. What dates are best?
3. Your opinion on location?
4. What kind of beer are you bringing for DD?

1. Yes I think I am interested in eating great food....in a beautiful spot....with great people....and some good libations.
2. October 15th-18th (can't make it the 9th or 10th), 18th and on is dicey due to my niece probably making here first appearance :D
3. Location...hmmm East side or West side could be good....Have to think about this one more.
4. Beer...well somehow I think I am going to get stuck bringing some Pilsner for Marc.....But don't worry I will only dedicate 25% of my space to it :cool:

Unless something comes up in the meantime count me and Domino in.

Oh, and beer, I'm bringing a case of Tusker (made in Kenya) mmmmmmm Good.

Attachments

• Tusker.jpg
    Tusker.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 127
Alrighty here's the deal:

1. Sometime in October we are going to rally
2. Gandalf will be preparing a feast that will likely consist of a roast pig
3. It will be somewhere in California with possible destinations being Mendocino County or the Alabama Hills.

SO:

1. Are you interested?
2. What dates are best?
3. Your opinion on location?
4. What kind of beer are you bringing for DD?

1. Yes (tho it depends, a little, on 3).
2. Flexible
3. I always prefer dry over wet, open vistas over claustrophobic vegetation, so that could be Alabama Hills
biggrin.gif

4. Can I attend if I don't drink?
blink.gif

Oh - Marc #1, XP Marc said you could bunk with him :D

Ha, ha, ha. And u thought Duct tape was strong. Waite untill u see what I have. :eek: :D

marc

Initial post has been updated with the following location info:

The likely location will be a spot just off highway 88 on the Mokelumne River, approximately 90 miles east of Sacramento

The weekend of the 16th 17th we will most likely be on 395 between Bishop and Bridgeport chasing aspen color for pictures.....Have a great time!

Initial post has been updated with the following location info:

I know this area very well. Highway 88 at Kirkwood crosses Caples Creek as it exits the dam on Caples Lake. A little further east 88 crosses Carson Pass and drops down into Hope Valley where it follows the West Fork of the Carson River into Nevada. The Mokelumne River is further south and is along highway 4 just west of Ebbetts Pass. So is the planned location in the Hope Valley area or on highway 4 along the Moke?

Back
Top Bottom