XPCamper V2- Concept

I would rather find a good flatbed like the one on your rig anyway, any suggestions?

My flatbed are made to my specs. They are how ever not inexpensive as they have lot's of cool storage solutions, slide out ladder, which is not needed in this case and a quick release, which could be utilized in the XPV2 system.

Not sure if you need all that on a Taco, as you easily can carry a 1000lbs of stuff in all those storage spaces :LOL:

The ute beds would work. In chatting with Marc he thought they were getting lighter gauge in material over time but again with the little rigs you aren't going to be carrying multi-ton loads. ;) I'm still leaning towards a UTE bed for my build.

The smaller sized beds are currently listing at $2500 (the ute distributor is local to me).

Will this work for us Colorado owners? Ute Ltd link

Video

Yeah, might work.
I don't care for the lip they have on the sides. So it's really not a "flatbed" but a flatbed with a lip.

That means we need to build the cabin to fit inside the lip.

Yeah, might work.
I don't care for the lip they have on the sides. So it's really not a "flatbed" but a flatbed with a lip.

That means we need to build the cabin to fit inside the lip.

Or you just space it up a bit with a sheet of plywood or something. Not perfect, but an easy fix.

Or you just space it up a bit with a sheet of plywood or something. Not perfect, but an easy fix.

No WOOD in my campers.... at least no Ply WOOD!!! :LOL: :LOL:

No WOOD in my campers.... at least no Ply WOOD!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Well then you can make some fancy composite spacer.

Hi DC,
Regarding the "downside," how about putting a hitch carrier on the front of the truck and carrying the small motorbike there ? It's been done before... That wouldn't be too much, would it ?

<snip>

The only downside I can think of is that I wouldn't be able to have my plan of bringing along a small motorcycle on a hitch carrier, as the vehicle couldn't handle it, and the door would be obstructed.

<snip>

DC
I think the limitation would be in a 1500 truck.
4 people,dog,camper and a bike with gear, food and beer might be pushing the GVWR.

We could do a swing out carrier to assess the rear of the camper.

My flatbed are made to my specs. They are how ever not inexpensive as they have lot's of cool storage solutions, slide out ladder, which is not needed in this case and a quick release, which could be utilized in the XPV2 system.

Not sure if you need all that on a Taco, as you easily can carry a 1000lbs of stuff in all those storage spaces :LOL:

Did the $19995 include the flatbed? Cool idea.
Rob

Did the $19995 include the flatbed? Cool idea.
Rob

No, since they can range from $2500 all the way up to $5-7000 depends what you want on them.

I am also working on a slide in version, which of course will have way less inside space.

DC
I think the limitation would be in a 1500 truck.
4 people,dog,camper and a bike with gear, food and beer might be pushing the GVWR.

We could do a swing out carrier to assess the rear of the camper.

Yes, I did some calculating and agree that I probably need a 3/4 ton. At least I'd much rather be working well within the GVWR rather than at the bleeding edge.

Money is now starting to be put aside for a full-size XP...

dc

Yes, I did some calculating and agree that I probably need a 3/4 ton. At least I'd much rather be working well within the GVWR rather than at the bleeding edge.

Money is now starting to be put aside for a full-size XP...

dc

Get a 1 ton( 350/3500)
Price difference is not much but then you have the legal weigh capacity to carry all your toys.

Passed an XP that was heading EB on Independence Pass on Friday. I was in my camo pickup with the FWC descending the WB side. Wondered who it might have been? First time I've seen one. Looked good.

Back
Top Bottom