XPCamper V2- Concept

Love the V2. Are we waiting for a look at the interior layout still or did I miss that somewhere on the interwebs? I can't picture how you sleep in this thing. I think this design is so cool. Wish I could see it at expo this weekend but I can't make it this year. Thanks for posting these pics on WTW. Have a great expo!

You sleep front to back.

We also will be offering this camper as a shell.

The molds are set up to accommodate the full size 1/2 ton trucks as well.
Basically you get a larger rear window, as we stretch the middle.
Headroom is from 6'1" to 7'8" in the rear.

Done
EXPO2013 158 (768x1024).jpg

Kitchen Window view.
Yes, this pop up camper has real windows with real views!!
EXPO2013 127 (768x1024).jpg

Product research

EXPO2013 131 (768x1024).jpg

Table set up.
EXPO2013 047 (768x1024).jpg

Counter top space. Cool 12 ft.
The production model will be molded inside just like it's big brother

EXPO2013 048 (768x1024).jpg

Cooktop
EXPO2013 044 (1024x768).jpg

Spinflo Kitchen Centre
I like it since it incorporates a cutting board, drain board, washing bowl nad lid all in one neat package
EXPO2013 043 (1024x768).jpg

Fridge is in the center of the camper for perfect weight balance.
The water tank sits in front of the fridge.
battery (125 amp AGM from Lifeline) is on the passenger side to keep an even balance of truck and camper.

EXPO2013 056 (768x1024).jpg

Mandatory Beer for testing purposes :p
EXPO2013 081 (1024x768).jpg

Marc@XPCamper said:
Here are the final specs for the V2.
We offer an intro price until June 30th.

Valley of the gods Prototype run
attachicon.gif
V2 Side (1024x683).jpg

attachicon.gif
V2 Special Pricing_1.pdf
Marc, Congrats on the V2. It looks great. You mentioned in an earlier post that the V2 would also be available for a 1/2 ton pick up. When do you plan to move forward with its debut? Do have an interior floor plan drawing w dimensions on the V2? Warmest Regards. AZ51

1/2 ton can be done once we have the V2 ready for production.
1/2 will have the same interior lay out as V2, but you get more floor space and a larger rear door and a larger rear window.
Price difference will be minimal. (700-900 more due to the larger window and more materials used)

we offer the campers 2 ways. Fully loaded with or shell. Shell has 3 doors and 3 windows

Ted said:
"We test our product hard !!"

So, um, I take it you aren't involved with Tread Lightly anymore? :ninja:

gallery_176_163_25207.jpg
Yes i deeply respect that.
HOWEVER!!! all testing was done in an OHV park and all speed testing was done on approved dry lake beds where they do land speed records. The record is 760mph, i was a bit under that. Not by much though :p

Ok, forgiven. The diffence between the muddy area and the clean area once the camper is open is impressive.

Ted said:
Ok, forgiven. The diffence between the muddy area and the clean area once the camper is open is impressive.
OK, now you owe me Plineys...

Yes, the whole idea was that you could not that you would.....

I expected it to be clean. It is the same seal i use on V1. But i also thought there would be some sort of Playa dust inside the cabin. To my surprise there wasn't.

I have only been able to get one Pliny in the last couple of months. Don't leave room in your fridge waiting for them to show up.

That playa dust is notorious. That is why RV rentals don't rent to Burning Man participants.

Ted said:
I have only been able to get one Pliny in the last couple of months. Don't leave room in your fridge waiting for them to show up.

That playa dust is notorious. That is why RV rentals don't rent to Burning Man participants.
HMM. A customer of mine brought me a growler :D and then some

EXPO2013 081 (1024x768).jpg

Ted said:
I spent a week out there in 2010 covering Burning Man in my 2009 Bobcat, with some thoughtful but simple sealing and a fun ventilation system that used a hybrid wet filter system, I had pretty much no dust....and I needed a no dust environment for film based cameras. Clean up was really minimal, all in all not bad with some minor prep.

Nice to see these coming along, I met your engineer who is from South America in a darkroom workshop not long ago, nice guy.

Kodachrome said:
I spent a week out there in 2010 covering Burning Man in my 2009 Bobcat, with some thoughtful but simple sealing and a fun ventilation system that used a hybrid wet filter system, I had pretty much no dust....and I needed a no dust environment for film based cameras. Clean up was really minimal, all in all not bad with some minor prep.

Nice to see these coming along, I met your engineer who is from South America in a darkroom workshop not long ago, nice guy.
Ahh you met Gabriel.. I am working with him on a "special" project :)

Updates please! It's been four months since the last post. I am especially interested in the V2W for the bigger trucks.

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

Back
Top Bottom