Yakima tracks only- best crossbars?

not sure why crooked tracks would matter for mounting a solar panel. The L or Z brackets would need to be mounted to the tracks and snugged up to the panel before holes are drilled into the panel anyway, no?

It doesn't matter much. As I noted earlier "While that's not end of world stuff it does eliminate some of the functionality that parallel tracks would provide."

Parallel tracks would allow one to reposition cross bars easier if one were to go from paddleboard spacing to kayak or skis for instance (this thread wasn't specifically oriented to solar panels). That's really all I was referring to.

elkfuler said:
It doesn't matter much. As I noted earlier "While that's not end of world stuff it does eliminate some of the functionality that parallel tracks would provide."

Parallel tracks would allow one to reposition cross bars easier if one were to go from paddleboard spacing to kayak or skis for instance (this thread wasn't specifically oriented to solar panels). That's really all I was referring to.
I agree, it’s disappointing that the builder didn’t pay attention to the details. A spacing solution -> I use three sets of bars on my full length tracks. One at each end, and one for the short stuff like my Yakima Basket Case.

camelracer said:
I've got one of those slide out bars. It is also great for hanging a solar shower bag. I'm thinking getting rid of my kayak and Yakima bars so PM me if you're interested. Located in Goleta
PM sent

Back
Top Bottom