Yakima Tracks

buckland

Site Team
I was wanting to use "T" slot bolts in a Yakima Track to attach a wire basket across. Has anyone used T slot bolts? Will it work?

I used some elevator bolts and ground the heads down to fit for a project I was doing. It worked. I imagine you can make t-slot bolts work too. Depends on the width and thickness of the bolts. You may have to grind them a bit.

Thanks. I will google elevator bolts to see what they look like. I am able to fabricate what's needed.... but love to get a jump on the easiest solution if it has already been done.

Thanks I might be able to find an allen head carriage bolt allowing me to have a smooth top on the track .... so as to tighten the rack down. Or deal with a bolt head at the top.

You can get the square nuts directly from Yakima if you just call them, for only a few bucks. Then go to any good hardware store and find the metric allen bolts (or any metric bolt really) at the length you need so they don't bottom out into the tracks. That's how I attached my solar panel.

Back
Top Bottom