Yet another ATC on the way

The Big Kitty is home. I did 900 miles in 2 days, so will just post the proof. More to follow.

gallery_4841_711_741861.jpeg

Wandering Sagebrush said:
I am also thinking about that corner for the propane locker. If it’s going to be lower than the cabinet with the furnace and stove, have Marty build it with a small top opening storage space to bring the corners to the same height. I might run a removable counter between the them. The only other addition to the interior will be a long low top loading cabinet along the passenger side for batteries and gear. It will be at the same height as the ledge that extends over the bed. In essence making a bench for seating. My goal is to maximize floor space.

Let’s compare ideas.
Even though I prefer weight up front, I put my propane cabinet in back for two reasons. It sits right above the furnace, right next to the stove, and the counter top I built is all at the same level with sink/stove. Secondly, I prefer a front dinette that converts to a bed and you can't do that with a propane bottle in the front corner.

BlueSky said:
Even though I prefer weight up front, I put my propane cabinet in back for two reasons. It sits right above the furnace, right next to the stove, and the counter top I built is all at the same level with sink/stove. Secondly, I prefer a front dinette that converts to a bed and you can't do that with a propane bottle in the front corner.
I’d love to see pictures of your countertop. Marty also convinced me to locate my propane in the rear.

Here's my galley countertop. The furnace is at the bottom near the door, and the propane tank is above that (hidden). As you can see the Furnace, Propane tank, Sink/Stove combo and cabinet storage space is all in one compact area. My LifePo4 battery and solar charge controller is in that cabinet as well.
i-vgFqM4k-X2.jpg

Here's how I did the front Dinette. The table stows away and the seat back folds down to make a bed.
i-Xbckh4N-X2.jpg

Thank you, BlueSky! Excellent design and workmanship! Great food for thought. I may plagiarize your ideas, which is a sincere form of flattery.

Back
Top Bottom