You know you're a geezer when.......................

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
I remember growing up and seeing old guys, and they all had a healthy dose of idiosyncrasies. I stayed at this one guy's place for a week. Before I could park in the driveway, he had to inspect my old station wagon for oil leaks. No leaks were allowed on his concrete. He was a geezer.

I never, ever thought I'd be one of them. When did I know?

That's the question I'm asking you.

Sexual and bodily function answers are not allowed. Not because we're prudes, but because as geezers, we've already heard them all. So let's be more creative, positive, and happy.

My answer - I knew I was a geezer when I realized I have a 2003 truck and it still looks new.

Now all of you younger people, your day is coming. No reason to rush toward it, but better embrace it as it is inevitable - or you've cashed in your chips.

Last thought - geezerdom is not gender specific, so this question is aimed at everyone.

I know we can't discuss sexual or bodily functions, but I realized I was old when the discussions changed from the first subject to the second subject.

How about when I learned my truck has a blinker alarm. Apparently at freeway speed when the blinker is on for a long time it makes a beeping noise. I think I just hit geezer hood.

I wince when I see where some people put their body piercing. Saw a young woman the other day that had a piercing from just above the chin that came out through the lower lip. Ouch!
Now get off my lawn.

You know you are and old geezer when all those old gals on the arthritis commercials are not looking so bad after all :cautious: ! Also like Steve when the 1st comment when meeting someone is telling them about you latest hurt :ninja:.

Smoke

You can afford a new truck, but do not see anything wrong with your 10 year old truck. And don't want to spend what they want for a new one.

94e9308b06_Damn-Kids--Get-Off-My-Lawn-.jpg

You know you're a geezer when you come home from a 12 hour day at the hospital, and it wasn't for your aging parents this time.

When all the spam in your email account seems to offer arthritis treatments, Medicare Advantage offers, dating services for mature adults, IRA distribution advice etc.

Paul

when you would rather use a hand tool than a power tool and do a better job.
when your '97 ford diesel is a great truck, but not as good as the '69 camper special(aqua blue)
when the classic rock favorite song on the radio really is too loud
when you find yourself repeating the sayings like "that's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick"

all in all --i think i've been a geezer most of my adult life

wes

camelracer said:
I know there was a good reason I came into this room but can't remember what it was.
Then you have to go back to the room where you started to see where your body and the thought about the object being searched for took separate paths. Sometimes, you get lucky. :)

Paul

When the girl running the self-checkout lines at the grocery store waves you right through after you press the "Over 60" button for a 5% discount. No ID required, sir.

When you think your check is wrong and find you were given the senior discount.

When you realize how many companies sell medicare insurance. Because they all have you on their mailing list.

For use motorcycle riders
......... One of your requirements for a new motorcycle is you can pick it up by your self.

• When you wonder whether your mom's doctor is old enough to have graduated. (I'm pretty sure he doesn't shave yet.)
  • When your younger friends who you always think of as bright kids start talking about their pensions and marking high milestone birthdays.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom