You know you're a geezer when.......................

When people on buses start offering you their seats.

I've really noticed this more in the national parks, just because my pack is older than many of them doesn't mean I can't stand on the bus...

You get annoyed at the Classic Rock station for playing an entire set of "new" songs.

The first time you see a doctor who is younger than you is a bit of a shock but now you can't remember the last time you saw a doctor older than you.

You automatically root for the oldest contestant on any reality show you watch. You want older sports players to do well regardless of what team they play for.

You realize that you saw this evening's Turner Classic Movies lineup in the theater when they were first released.

You always park in the same general area at your frequent errand spots so you can find your vehicle again.

Alan

You are the first table at the restaurant for dinner.
You won't eat spicy food after 7 because you won't be able to fall asleep at your regular time.
The cashier hands you your change and says ; "Thank you Mr. Smith".
A mother and her adult daughter pass you on the sidewalk and you pay more attention to the mother.
You need to get up 2 hours before fishing/hunting partners so you can finish all of your preparations in time.
Someone calls out for Mr Smith and you don't wait for your dad to respond.
The couch you moved last spring won't budge this summer when you push it.
Starting the chainsaw tears your rotator cuff.

You have more hair growing out of your ears than on the top of your head.

cwd

I think with the exception of the hair in my ears, almost all of these fit.

I hadn't really grasped how far advanced in geezer/geezelledom I'd become.

I'm not sure I'm gonna thank Mr. Ski for starting this thread... :oops:

“… and you know that you’re over the hill
when your mind makes a promise that your body can’t fill”

Old Folks Boogey - Little Feat

ski3pin said:
In my perception of geezerdom, this one fits -

when you would rather read the book than see the movie.
That hits home. The next to last movie I saw in the theater was "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II" when I took my son, now 32, and his buddies to the theater on his 7th birthday. The last movie I saw in the theater "Orange County" and the theater was overrun by loudly talking kids and everybody was yakking on their cell phones. No Mas.

When this hits your mailbox for the first time!

DSC_0309.JPG

+1 on the AARP. I love it that I still get carded when I buy beer, even at Kroger. However it has not to do with looks, it is an Indiana State Law.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wander The West mobile app

Bought some paint the other day at home depot at the self checkout. Says show the cashier your id. Wasn't necessary. I don't think she even looked.

When you don't like the kids music. Of course for me this started long before true geezerdom.

For the last 20 years your bosses have been younger than you!

I still remember the 1st time someone younger than me called me Sir. I was so startled It took me a minute to realize they were talking to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom