You know you're a geezer when.......................

ski3pin said:
.........when you wonder if the unwanted telephone calls about Medicare supplement insurance plans will ever end.
Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Ski for you they have only started.
Frank
Frank, oh so true. Not to mention all the junk mail from every company that sells Medicare supplements across the nation.

Guys. Go easy. We want him to enjoy retirement.

The only calls I get on my landline anymore are Medicare sales, medical alert devices, "your computer is putting out errors on the Internet", and "This is Rachel of card holder services."

At least on the cellphone, I can add the caller to the autoreject list.

Can't imagine how many calls I'd get if I weren't on the incredibly effective government's Do Not Call list. ;)

Paul

ski3pin said:
.........when you wonder if the unwanted telephone calls about Medicare supplement insurance plans will ever end.
You'll learn that this is the yearly cycle or "season".
Each and every year, sometimes even after you have passed to the next dimension.

....when you can respond to yet another eye-rolling adventure from a Millenial with, "i remember when..."

....when you suddenly remenber you told some story from Back in The Day to that person already.

....when you spend more times with "the guys" discussing ailments and medications than women and cars.

There's no question that I am a geezer, but, it's my turn. We get on the merry-go-round, we get off the merry-go round... what a ride!!

The earlier post about the ten year old truck really hits home. I always told people that my 2010 F-150 was the first truck and the only truck that I would ever own. Then I ran into a retired firefighter at the North Rim in June and now were waiting for delivery of a 2018, and a new Hawk to boot.

And, that's another great thing about being a Geezer, you finally have some cash to use. We can spend it well or worry about if the kids -- the oldest of whom are now in their late forties, will misspend what's left in the estate. That's a very easy choice.

Is there anyone else out there who enjoys seeing the line of traffic grow behind him while driving at the posted speed? That may be another of those "Geezer traits." These are great years!

Rambling OBHF said:
There's no question that I am a geezer, but, it's my turn. We get on the merry-go-round, we get off the merry-go round... what a ride!!

The earlier post about the ten year old truck really hits home. I always told people that my 2010 F-150 was the first truck and the only truck that I would ever own. Then I ran into a retired firefighter at the North Rim in June and now were waiting for delivery of a 2018, and a new Hawk to boot.

And, that's another great thing about being a Geezer, you finally have some cash to use. We can spend it well or worry about if the kids -- the oldest of whom are now in their late forties, will misspend what's left in the estate. That's a very easy choice.

Is there anyone else out there who enjoys seeing the line of traffic grow behind him while driving at the posted speed? That may be another of those "Geezer traits." These are great years!
You have posted a great "mouthfull".
It's fun being a geezer.
Frank

Rambling OBHF said:
:)

Ya got that right---you go like hell until you retire and achieve Geezerdum, then you slow down and enjoy it all. I mean, remember when-not to long ago-when you caught up to that old truck moseying down the road and said to your self "get out of my way old man, I got places to go" Well that old man/person :p is you!.

Smoke

I hope you;r'e right Smoke. I hate to think how many historical markers I've passed up because I didn't want to get passed. Stop and smell the roses.

True story,several years back my Supervisor and I were in my truck headed to a facility. Out of the blue is said "Russ your the only person I ever met who has to speed up for a school zone" . Oh well what can I say, I guess that I'm working on retirement at work.
Russ

I am the Old Fool in the slow moving truck in front of me! What goes around comes around.

Does anyone else have "slow moving farm triangle envy"? I think my wife's going to get me one for my next birthday. Hope springs eternal.

Back
Top Bottom