10 ply. Tire Recommendations

Out of those two, my choice would be the Falken Wildpeak.
I just put new shoes on my F350 and because we have a lot of Big O dealers around where I live, I went with the new Big O Bigfoot AT2. They have a great tread pattern and a super warranty. Had I not gone with those, the Big O dealer talked very highly of the Wildpeak. The KO3 they said was just so new they did not have a lot of history with their new tread design.

For the 4 Runner I'm down to 6/32" on the BFG KO2 and at 55,000 miles and tread still look even. I have been waiting for the KO3's to be released and will get 5 new tires in November. They have done me well.

Last May I went with the Nokian Outpost nAT 10 ply tires on my lifted AWD Transit conversion. I considered the KO2’s, Wildpeaks and others but found this review and a few others that swayed me to give them a try. The reviewer claims 75% or so of his mileage is off pavement. So far, with about 5K on them, I am very pleased. I have not noticed any increase in noise compared to the OEM street tires the van came with. Performance so far on gravel and mostly dry dirt has been great. When loaded up with fluids, gear, wife & dog the van is weighing around 8,400#’s. Have not had them in the snow yet but, as this reviewer suggests, the Nokians have performed well for him in the Sierra snow. Nokian is a Finnish company with strong cred for snow tires and are popular in Canada. The Outpost nAT while not one of their snow tires, have the 3 peak symbol and are made in Tennessee.

Back
Top Bottom