1971 Alaskan 8' CO Rebuild

Archie....nothing makes me smile more than well done woodwork and neatly organized electrical....can I bring mine up to you?....LOL
there's another long thread "Blueside up" where your solar question is answered at least once...and there are several others located throughout the site....(Ski...are you listening)

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/8915-2010cabover-solar-install/

IMHO...I would use a threaded nipple through a frame member...with o-rings on either side...and bed the nipple in 3M 5200 through the frame member...then thread on the angles to the o-rings after the 3M install was thoroughly dry....that way you could apply some torque to the nipple.

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/8405-bluesideup-alaskan-project/

I would love to dedicate my truck to the camper but even at 71 I still use it to haul firewood, garden mulch, gravel and an occasional lend to my son...maybe one day. The rieco jacks (4) are actually really stable...when you consider the alternative...cable (suicide) jacks. :unsure:

Pawpaw.....being from the west, its hard to fathom hail that big.. :oops: ....what a job of peaning the top....brutal....glad it's in out of the weather for your work to proceed....glad the interior was spared any weather exposure

A couple of pictures of the shower rig. Used the Eccotemp others have mentioned with a Shurflo demand pump. Plumbed to pull water only from outside sources, 5 gallon bucket etc, not the onboard tank. Red hose is Propane In, Blue hose Cold water in. Shower hose with low flow head completes the setup. Working well so far.

Attachments

• DSC00079wtw.jpg
    DSC00079wtw.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_6070wtw.jpg
    IMG_6070wtw.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_6075wtw.jpg
    IMG_6075wtw.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_6085wtw.jpg
    IMG_6085wtw.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 156
OMG....another project...... :D ...I saw that one coming with the other eco temp on Nixfwc's awning thread

the hanger or the exhaust for the eco temp doesn't interfere with the pirelli or the top half?

are those hydraulic hoses and fittings...?.....your build gets better and better...

you've been holding out Archie....

I'm about to undertake a platform project to raise the new CO to height sufficient to clear the cab...and it has a plumbing chase with lots of room...

I've been stalling the project...now I know why....and there will be a shallow drawer...just big enough for a shower curtain and a wood duckboard......

Which model eco temp...it looks pretty shallow....any problems with the unit?...lots of negs about the company customer service

Hi Rusty. We do like to hose off at the end of a dusty day, so you bet, the shower project was crucial to happiness. It is the "L7" Eccotemp. It hangs only on screw heads that are screwed into the rear panel of the bottom section. Obviously we hang it for use and remove for collapsing and travel. Those screw heads are pan head sheet metal screws so the Pirelli seal has sort of "slid" past pretty well so far when going up and down. One thing with the Eccotemps is their sensitivity to water flow. They are probably very happy when on full city water pressure but with 12v demand pumps in an RV context they are a little touchy. I had to adjust it a little to get it to stay lit with the lower flow. The exhaust seems to be cool enough not to melt the Pirelli so no trouble there so far. The propane fittings/disconnect are the setup for a gas hose on a barbecue grill. You can get at any decent hardware store. The hose I got from McMaster-Carr. It's a generic gas hose. On the water hose I used air hose. On the fittings for that I just used stainless and brass fittings for compressed air to make sure it would not rust with water in it. Also from McMaster-Carr. So far it is all working pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom