2008 Hawk for sale

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior
Hello fellow WTW folk. I'm listing our beloved, well used and capable Hawk after 14 years of adventure, priced at $14,000, firm.
The 08 Hawk with our 06 Tundra AC 4WD (145k mi.) is available for a combined price of $25,000. Truck is not for sale separately.
Spoiler: We got our Bundutec Odyssey camper at the end of June.

2008 FWC HAWK- well used, but extremely capable with many upgrades
$14,000 located Nevada City, CA

Four Wheel Camper Statement of Origin 2008 Hawk 80" wide x 129" long. Shipping weight 740 lbs.
First owner sold it to me in 2010 after using it less than a dozen times.

FEATURES
Roll over couch with swivel table attached, Westfalia knockoff. Flexible design
Bench seat will exactly fit a Webber Q1200 under the seat. It's one of my favorite features.
Queen-size bed is original, but we used a topper and it was so comfortable we moved it to our new camper
Settee has been extended and the front window has an upholstered back pad. It's our couch.
100 ah Renogy lithium battery upgrade
Factory IOTA-30 controller with IOTA-IQ LIFEPO dongle

SunSaver MPPT solar charge controller
Victron Orion DC/DC charger (bluetooth)- installed by Zero Declination
Victron battery monitor with shunt (bluetooth)- installed by Zero Declination
Dometic 2-way 65L refrigerator replaced original 3-way Norcold. Extra locking system on the door
120 watt solar panel
SAE external plug for external solar panel input or run external accessory
110v external plug for charging e-bike
Renogy 1000w inverter behind seat
BlueSea USB (2) ports with "charging station" shelf
LED retrofit lighting
Lift struts- Suspa 40#
Maxxaire fan upgrade
20 gallon water tank, Shurflo pump
5 gallon propane tank
Two burner Suburban propane stove. I removed the shield, but still have it. Never needed it.
Suburban forced air furnace with Honeywell digital thermostat
Olympian Wave 3 catalytic heater, removable wall mount, quick disconnect
Step ladder- wide tread design with exterior mount that quick and secure
Aluminum external gas box with Hi-lift mount. Both are very sturdy
Two Rotopax mounting locations on front, between truck and camper
Removeable carpet
Screen door
Rieco jacks, with extension plates
Ready to go camping!

Roof was patched by me 14 years ago when I first took out the kayaks and punched a hole . It has not leaked, and is bombproof. Yakima tracks were been pulled three years ago and reset with butyl tape and Dacor caulking. All screw heads have been recoated and the roof has been repainted. Standard maintenance for these older FWC campers with a two-piece roof.

The siding has some scratches and dings. I repaint the front nose every five years or so.
Included is a three wide step ladder, which is very safe and can be used to load kayaks on roof
Ladder has custom mount to fold out steps that that is secure on any trail. Bikes can mount vertically to the back wall (Bike-Tights with locking skewers)

Rear wall 5 gal gas can aluminum box (very handy for many uses) Includes Hi-lift mount
Two Rotopax mounting locations on front of camper (just fits behind truck cab) using plus-nuts through the Hawk framing
Factory forced air furnace with digital thermostat
Olympian Wave 3 catalytic heater with quick disconnect gas line and mount
Home built thermo-liner that is fulltime, using Seattle Fabrics material and 1" velcro and windows and to attach to the factory velcro. We have camped down to 13 F running only the Wave heater.
Yakima tracks with bonus crossbar with saddle/rollers for kayaks!

This is not a camper for someone who wants a shiny new rig. It has a few dings and scratches, and I never got around to replacing the cabinets. There is a lot of storage though, including under the bench (just fits a Webber Q) and alcove just inside the door, where I keep my 2 gal propane bottle. The old 3-way refrigerator vent door also provides a handy spot to store misc items.

"Spoiler: We got our Bundutec Odyssey camper at the end of June."

Oh my goodness, we need lots of photos and a review on your new camper! :)

Thanks, Ski. I'll work on it and get something posted.
We like the larger camper, but I'm working out a few kinks with plumbing/electrical.

FYI
Price for camper has been dropped to $12k.
With the Tundra as a package, the price for both is $22k.

Wow. A big change and a sad farewell to a faithful travel companion. Best wishes for your new travel mobile!

Back
Top Bottom