2016 Colorado tires

Yup. Just another thing to leave behind. Ad Astra per espera.

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

Hey Buckland
I'm out in Ann Arbor MI this week. Laying Grandpa in his final resting place. I found all the Colorados and Canyons!!!.. No Joke they are everywhere you look! Its like the production line just dumps them on Main St. No wonder there is a waiting list west.. not kidding in a 10 minute span I counted 13.

I have to say.... I like it so far... There will always be something that isn't to one's liking... for me it is the depth of the bed. They made the bed rails 4 inches higher to give the truck a bigger look (and higher cargo specs 1500 lb.). I'd prefer lower rails... I have had to add height to the base of the camper and while doing so I installed floor insulation.. give and take. I will start a string and show the mods done to the camper to make it fit (with measurements) soon. I am welding a rack to install beneath the back overhang.... now enough space to tuck a High Lift jack out of the way.

awful lot of conversation over a very simple problem, dealer is trying to screw you, buy a diablo tuner for your truck, set the settings where they need to be and enjoy your truck. I've run them on my jeeps ,power wagon and ford diesel. all new vehicles are electronically controlled through the computers, that's what tuners are for. tire size, re-gearing, tire sensors and a host of other adjustments.

Way to come in over the top with a condescending tone in an old thread with information that's already been stated! Diablo doesn't list a tuner for the Colorado diesel.

Indeed why? The Colorado diesel is fantastic. It carries 1500 lbs. without even knowing its there. The amenities inside are miles ahead of my Taco even the 2016 I test drove. This dealer has been great. He was caught between GM and a Customer. I am receiving a third chipped key $120, a back up camera to use when I remove the tailgate and three years of air, oil and fuel filters. I even find myself sitting in the truck on the driveway with a beer. I feel quite satisfied with it and I hope I will continue doing so.
I had three,I kid you not, frames on my taco. The gas tank and differential rotted out as both fenders. A host of small stuff too. So it's all a crap shoot.
I think we can all agree there are many flavors of ice cream.

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

Coming soon! I put in the bed eye bolts and wired up the harness, built the base lift and insulated the floor. I am expecting the new spare backup camera any day. When the comes ...off with the tailgate and on with the camper. I will definitely post photos. There is a photo of a FWC on a 2016 Colorado on the Montana FWC Facebook. BTW I built an air foil V under the cab over hang as well as a box to store my tripod solar panel. It should fill the space as out did on the Tacoma.
https://www.facebook.com/fourwheelcampersjacksonhole/posts/1073896492683082

In-laws coming for the week... so never know what will happen... will post asap!

Good luck with the new rig. Thanks for the pics in the link. The low roof line of the Colorado in the pic makes for a big gap with the camper. It was also a deal breaker for me. I looked at them a couple of months ago. But the low roof and huge door overhang above doesn't cut it for me. Kinda crazy for me to scrunch and duck down my arthritic back to get in and out. Seems to be common to GM's. I didn't have to do that in my Smart Car!

I was worried about the over hang as well but My 2001 Tacoma has the exact same space over cab. The way I dealt with it gave me more storage space as well as a wind foil. I won't have to change that at all when it goes on the colorado.

Attachments

• IMG_0846.jpg
    IMG_0846.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0847.jpg
    IMG_0847.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 133
25mpg with the camper!! Dang Buckland your not going to think about range limitations anymore. That air deflector, can you access it from inside the camper or is there a side access you pull gear from via outside access?

Looks good.

Actually the wind foil is 1/8" x 4" aluminum stock, bent in a "V" . The box I built is from wood and is large enough for the solar panel I use and mount on a tripod (so I can move it into the sun and stay in the shade... 12 ft extension cord) It is a lockable box heavily painted, accessed from drivers side. Been on now four years and still holding up. I might eventually mount the a larger panel on the roof as Bill did (see latest string on solar) and remove the box and use space to mount the Trax sand mats under there as did Hadley. It is an evolution....part of the fun.

Back
Top Bottom