3 Way Refer Question

Flyfisher

I have a Norcold 3 way refer. When in gas mode the "temp" adjustment seems to have no effect on the flame size until the very last quarter inch of turn, when it reduces the flame size by half. That seems like only high or low and nothing in between. Have others noticed this?
I also noticed that there is a brass "V" screw as part of the gas control valve. However, it is screwed all the way in (closed) and as such has no effect on the gas flow. I am tempted to loosen it and see what effect it has on the flame adjustment, but I am also rather uncomfortable playing with gas. The valve looks as though it was designed to incorporate this brass screw as a way to adjust gas flow. Norcold has been pretty non helpful when I have asked them about this.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Gregg

Thanks for the reply's guys. Seeing that the thermostat knob does adjust flame size (if only in two steps) and that the knob directly controls gas flow, I assumed that is how the temperature is adjusted in the refer. Please set me straight with an explanation.
WS - I am not sure what you mean by "burn time". The flame is always burning when the refer is on propane.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom