7 th Annual Four Wheel Camper SoCal Regional 4WD - Rally – Dates: Friday October 19th - Sunday the

inciter said:
I'm going to go with a yes, I've never been to a place in the area that did not allow them, Standard 6 foot lead under control. As a past member has said this is not a campground it's open desert. Borrego Springs is not far away for some creature comforts and touristy spots that are not tourist traps.
FWC just confirmed on the FB page yes dogs are OK with Leash.
Borrego Springs is where all the metal art is? Great place to visit.
Also that means Julian isn't too far away either I think.

knoxswift said:
FWC just confirmed on the FB page yes dogs are OK with Leash.
Borrego Springs is where all the metal art is? Great place to visit.
Also that means Julian isn't too far away either I think.
Yes the art is close, Julian is too but a bit more up the Banner Grade....I would focus on Borrego Springs and Julian on the way home as it is a bit far. If you like the area I recommend the Stagecoach Campground . I have endless hours in the area and all the 600 year old sites under our belts. But Ocotillo Wells is a bit far off for those journeys. Borrego Springs is close and nice for a quick dash to civilization, Enjoy the 4x4 if you can the

Ocotillo Wells SVRA Truckhaven 4X4 Training Area - DesertUSA
If fun Look it up and close.

inciter said:
Yes the art is close, Julian is too but a bit more up the Banner Grade....I would focus on Borrego Springs and Julian on the way home as it is a bit far. If you like the area I recommend the Stagecoach Campground . I have endless hours in the area and all the 600 year old sites under our belts. But Ocotillo Wells is a bit far off for those journeys. Borrego Springs is close and nice for a quick dash to civilization, Enjoy the 4x4 if you can the Ocotillo Wells SVRA Truckhaven 4X4 Training Area - DesertUSA
If fun Look it up and close.
Ok that park looks fun!

Hello Four Wheel Camper Owners:

Only 3 weeks left to sign up for the So Cal Rally & Campout !

Do you own a Four Wheel Pop-up Truck Camper?

Then please consider joining us for our 7th Annual So Cal Customer Rally & Campout.

It will be a blast. Hang out, relax, meet like-minded people, and go explore in the beautiful Azna Borrego Desert.

Four Wheel Campers has reserved The Main Street Event Center for the weekend.

DATES: Oct. 19th - 21st, 2018.

COST: $ 125.00 per camper (not per customer). We'll have food, drinks, shirts, teaching, training, and might even be getting someone to do the catering for us. We'll take good care of you for the weekend!

LOCATION: Main Street Event Center, Ocotillo Wells, Anza Borrago Desert.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/7th-annual-fwc-so-cal-customer-rally-campout-tickets-48807462434

I just wanted to put up a last minute "bump" and get the word out to as many people as possible. Last year we had 4 or 5 random Four Wheel Camper owners stop at the Rally with a bewildered look on their face. They have never seen so many FWC's in one place. They were kind of bummed and sad they didn't hear about the event, or they would have signed up for it in advance. They were just out wondering in the desert and happened to see our group.

Attachments

• anza borrego.jpg
    anza borrego.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 106
Stan did you post on the Expo Portal? We will be coming back from out of the country and won't be there. Have a good time.

[SIZE=14pt]Hello Four Wheel Camper Rally Attendees:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]One of our awesome customers is going to host a "Pre-Rally" trip through Coyote Canyon in Anza Borrego State Park, if you might be interested? This would be a short 4x4 trip before the rally. Something you would do on the way to the weekend event. This is not a FWC Sponsored event, but it should be fun if you have an extra couple of days before the rally to wander around the desert.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Date: Thursday October 18th[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Meet Location: Christmas Circle Park (downtown Borrego Springs)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]600 Christmas Circle Drive, Borrego Springs[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Meet time: 12:30pm. Depart promptly at 1pm[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Trail Master : Ken Kugel [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]RSVP or questions to Ken at [/SIZE][SIZE=13pt]advkug@gmail.commailto:advkug@gmail.commailto:advkug@gmail.com[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Note: Ken will need a volunteer “Back Door” person with a portable radio. If you can do it please contact him for details.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Open to maximum of 10 rigs (truck and camper).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Details:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]1.[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]4x4 vehicles only due to sand and one sandy bottom water crossing.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]2.[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Dispersed Dry camping (No developed campsites).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]3.[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Park Fire Rules apply (Fire in Metal containers only).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]4.[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Bring a chair, small table, food for yourself and firewood to share.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]5.[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Bring 2 way portable radio. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Thursday Oct 18th Itinerary:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]12:30pm -- Meet Christmas Circle, Borrego Springs[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]1pm -- Depart for Coyote Canyon[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Explore[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]3:30pm -- Arrive camping area, set up camp. One fire ring. Etc.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Friday October 19th[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]10am -- Break camp take overland route to Ocotillo Wells Arriving about 3pm[/SIZE]

2018 FWC So Cal Rally Weekend Itinerary
FRIDAY:

Pick a place to camp. There is lots of open (dispersed) camping surrounding the facility.

Sign in at the registration table and pick up your FWC shirt(s).

Then finish setting up your camp, hang out, and get settled in for the afternoon.

4:30pm – 5:30pm Cocktails

5:30pm – 7:00pm Dinner

7pm to whenever, hang out, talk with people, and sit by the fire pit (if you want).

Saturday:

Continental Breakfast 8:00am – 10:00am

10:00am – 12:00pm "In-Field Tire Repair" hosted by Bob Wohlers.

12:00pm – 2:00 Lunch Break

2:00pm – 4:30pm head out on your own, go explore, or take a nap. Free time.

4:30pm – 5:30pm Cocktails

5:30pm – 7:00pm Dinner

7pm to whenever, hang out, talk with people, and sit by the fire pit (if you want).

Sunday:

Continental Breakfast 8:00am – 9:00am

9:00am – 11:00am “The Total Approach to Getting Unstuck", hosted by Bob Wohlers.

11:00am Start packing up your campsite, clean up, and say goodbye to all your new friends.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Thank you so much for joining us this weekend & safe travels home!

Looks like I'm not going to make it! :sneaky:
Found a stray dog(!) south of Kayenta, AZ (near Tsegi, moreso) on the side of the highway two days ago and went to get her fixed up from a friend's house in Phoenix area.
We picked up a bunch of food, gave her a bath, and have vet appt later today. :)

fqxSAeu3bjwPJcOCfGAstLhntiRPWQu9f9ZJFO89k8qUnEBWZG6A4NFH_DmQNT30tpPcg5_rRYO-Qj5EMve9AKzZEF6Xk47OyjVg1wdMqZ0-wj3ZJtDefihRZ8LktG2IGoJWF8jBf56gGFeRIUgbeQGaKeihkJH3HbYjS5Tal9Ujn_6tju9RBHBDgvnVTBKUYNkD1IA5tqXkoHOt8w6I5pkdk8Loog_I_67T4Fw0P3qNx5UzGMxet8gFD9wzkXXvMjBPyGXWHOxoYQDeFYd424io51MgMG9UQddhqTahzQ0sAFCWrMvp4Su_mSYoFmeuI5ga7-z0Hz2yc2QctP-K5ZTU2EpwnRstPNKokqD0GDmM0HZU7QwQ4OybA355FCrJE-qNFoXGcWpbllFT05nxl8p0O5Wh_bIKrvcuJwqH5A1I1lLw_rVEwN7_jJWlMB_mOV8jFL80c8H56DzhhU1dI94bg5maLG7E8nuKarYZ0_4nP9HWyh56IRtp2TBYC5FsQfQxN8QsYcx-zAHYxekxG0pxj3DWr-J1DGuqcamTJqVvvlnc89rxfsgvWYxNik_MJJb5oBYHAaAW4f2pMd5lkOqkpcuxSWhrvXGx7QwR5hEv42LLNFvaJNtlAZl9dZAS=w1164-h1454-no

Stan@FourWheel said:
[SIZE=14pt]Hello Four Wheel Camper Rally Attendees:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]One of our awesome customers is going to host a "Pre-Rally" trip through Coyote Canyon in Anza Borrego State Park, if you might be interested? This would be a short 4x4 trip before the rally. Something you would do on the way to the weekend event. This is not a FWC Sponsored event, but it should be fun if you have an extra couple of days before the rally to wander around the desert.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Date: Thursday October 18th[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Meet Location: Christmas Circle Park (downtown Borrego Springs)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]600 Christmas Circle Drive, Borrego Springs[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Meet time: 12:30pm. Depart promptly at 1pm[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Trail Master : Ken Kugel [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]RSVP or questions to Ken at [/SIZE][SIZE=13pt]advkug@gmail.commailto:advkug@gmail.commailto:advkug@gmail.com[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Note: Ken will need a volunteer “Back Door” person with a portable radio. If you can do it please contact him for details.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Open to maximum of 10 rigs (truck and camper).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Details:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]1.[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]4x4 vehicles only due to sand and one sandy bottom water crossing.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]2.[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Dispersed Dry camping (No developed campsites).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]3.[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Park Fire Rules apply (Fire in Metal containers only).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]4.[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Bring a chair, small table, food for yourself and firewood to share.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]5.[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Bring 2 way portable radio. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Thursday Oct 18th Itinerary:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]12:30pm -- Meet Christmas Circle, Borrego Springs[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]1pm -- Depart for Coyote Canyon[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Explore[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]3:30pm -- Arrive camping area, set up camp. One fire ring. Etc.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Friday October 19th[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]10am -- Break camp take overland route to Ocotillo Wells Arriving about 3pm[/SIZE]

Hi all -- Some can,t make it so their are plenty of openings -- Join me . See you at the Rally

Back
Top Bottom