84 Fleet - 09 Tacoma - Project

Dug in a little further and found your drawings, AMAZING work!

Looks like 87.75 or 88" long and 35.625 wide at wheels?

It'll fit!! Now to track one down ...

Neptune said:
Dug in a little further and found your drawings, AMAZING work!

Looks like 87.75 or 88" long and 35.625 wide at wheels?

It'll fit!! Now to track one down ...
Glad you found what you were looking for! Good luck finding one. I sometime think of selling mine. Shoot me an offer ;)

Looks like ill be selling the truck and camper pretty soon. Found a great buyer that is going to love the rig. I have a few more weeks with it. If you have any questions about the truck or camper that you are interested in learning about, let me know so I can be sure to cover them in some of my last videos.

Thanks for all your great videos and I know you'll find something that fits your future needs with a growing family. As you mention in the walk-around video, some features and items are more important and some less important for your particular style of camping, which is a valuable lesson for all of us. And it's completely normal for your needs to change over time. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the fruits of your restoration labor for several years and great trips.

I bought a pre-owned unit because because I wanted to go through the same type of learning process and now after 5+ years of ownership of my 20-year old camper, I know what I would want if I upgraded. I'm not quite ready for that upgrade and your videos documenting the restoration are a frequent resource for me as they are well organized and documented for reference.

Thanks again, and I'm sure you and the family will be out there again in some type of rig!

Hey Wildcat. Thanks so much for the kind words. Glad you found the videos helpful and useful. I am looking forward to researching next options and finding something that works for us. Maybe a Granby, I do have a sweet spot for the FWC.

Living The Dream said:
Hey Wildcat. Thanks so much for the kind words. Glad you found the videos helpful and useful. I am looking forward to researching next options and finding something that works for us. Maybe a Granby, I do have a sweet spot for the FWC.
We went with a newer (2013) Grandby shell + and super happy with how big it feels. A couple features that really make a big difference for me are: King size bed, even though we still use a queen mattress, there is room for a dog up there (we have one who is a bit nervous almost all the time), the bed area is thicker? meaning, I can leave all the bedding on and close the top.. saves time when moving spots, my old grandby was awesome, but being older it was a little wonky, top was a pain to close because you had to remove all bedding.. new one is smooth and easy. I do wish it was a little lighter, had to get a new truck to accommodate (I was probably gonna get one anyway so not a huge deal).

BBZ said:
We went with a newer (2013) Grandby shell + and super happy with how big it feels. A couple features that really make a big difference for me are: King size bed, even though we still use a queen mattress, there is room for a dog up there (we have one who is a bit nervous almost all the time), the bed area is thicker? meaning, I can leave all the bedding on and close the top.. saves time when moving spots, my old grandby was awesome, but being older it was a little wonky, top was a pain to close.. new one is smooth and easy.
BBZ, all those features sounds fantastic to me. I'd love to be able to make a second bed on the couch and still have room to wiggle around and out in the morning. The king size would be awesome with the kiddos too. Will keep looking into it.

Living The Dream said:
BBZ, all those features sounds fantastic to me. I'd love to be able to make a second bed on the couch and still have room to wiggle around and out in the morning. The king size would be awesome with the kiddos too. Will keep looking into it.
I forgot.. I did add a bed insert for the bottom as well for an extra person or kid.. slides out from under bench cushions so its just there if you need it.

Likely my final video from the four wheel camper unless I decide to make super highlight real in the future. Thanks to all for following along all these years. It was an amazing project and I am so thankful to have done so. Excited for what is next.

None of this would have been possible without the WTW community. So grateful for the support from many of the key folks still hanging out around here.

Video description:
The time has come to sell my Four Wheel Camper and Toyota Tundra. In this video I first go over all the different items I would typically carry in my camper while I clean out the camper for the sale. Then I clean the camper and talk about how it treated me over the years, what projects were still yet to go, and why I decided to sell my camper. I finish this video with some final thought on my Toyota Tundra, Four Wheel Camper Fleet combo and why I loved making videos about it. Thanks for following along all the years and I look forward to making new videos on new topics in the future.

Back
Top Bottom