84 inches, has bigger been better ...

Stokeme

The wide aisle shown in posted photos looks downright spacious. Have there been any regrets with a wider camper body? Wind resistance, load carrying issues, backing up, parking, internal movement when in use?
No truck yet, but looking at 4x4 Ford F-250. What positives? Any negatives? Also, door width, thoughts ...
Thanks

Love the wider camper.

On the Tundra it is narrower than the width of the mirrors and at the bulge of the rear fenders it overhangs by about 1" on each side ( the jack brackets maybe a little more).

Marty said the Panther has the widest door which is nice, as well.

I don't notice any issues driving but if you leave the jacks on, they do stick out further down low.

If you drive a lot of narrow 4x4 roads, you might have more branches rubbing.

20170620_175713-M.jpg

i-LkVg2Tt-L.jpg

i-DH2GN6Q-L.jpg

i-8fvKKrP-L.jpg

Very happy with my wide Cougar. No issues with visibility. Some wind noise and decrease in fuel mileage (compared to no camper), neither of which is a surprise. Mine is on an extended cab (suicide doors, not crew cab) 2015 F150 (aluminum body) with the 6'8" bed (the camper extends onto the down tailgate) and it rides very nicely with no modifications to the suspension system.

We have an Ocelot on an 05 Tundra. Fits even with the box, which for the brushed in roads we drive makes much easier. Wider would be nicer, but would also limit where we go. If you are not planning on driving tight roads, then absolutely get the larger.

We love the extra width our Panther offers for practical interior comfort. The extra 6-inches of width between a Panther or an Ocelot doesn't really make that big a difference off road, unless of course you plan on driving jungle trails. :p

Back
Top Bottom