A better chair: The Strongback Chair

Merry Christmas!
We celebrated early. :D

That is awesome! Love it when Christmas comes early! Just ordered one for the Lady and I. I have to admit I went with the Real Tree Camo! :D

:LOL:
Yep!! 2x. Then you can get a chase lounge like MarkBC and be a first class camper ( I was so impressed with his chase lounge that I went out and bought one too!). Let us know what yours (chair) looks like because both mine and Marks are different models.
:LOL:
Smoke

Chaise lounge? Pics please. And a link!

Craig, I think smoke is referring to my Lafuma recliner. They have several models, mine is several years old, and I don't remember exactly which model it is, but it looks like this, more-or-less:

lafuma-lounger.jpg

It's very comfortable, great for outdoor napping, but it's kinda big and bulky. It's also expensive, but I received mine as a gift from some generous friends.
biggrin.gif

Craig, it's raining to hard outside to go get mine and take a picture so go into the gallery here, California on the bottom of the page, or go to the trip reports for my trip reports to Ash Creek and Janes res. The camp overviews show the chaise lounge type recliner that I got from Brlane Home on sale for $60.00 this summer. MarkBC has the same style, but his is more expensive than mine. They are lighter and more similar to the plastic web types not the heavy types that are to hard to fold and to big! There a a few pictures of my hardback chair in the overviews too! If you can't pull them up, I'll paste them in here, let me know. All I can tell you is a really like (as does Mark) both my chair and the recliner, my chair is great but and i can have a nice afternoon sleep on my recliner!

Smoke

This is the chair I take with me as long as the weather is nice. It is the most comfortable lounge chair there is. Designed in 1928! Avoid cheap knockoffs, get the original!

http://www.dwr.com/product/lc4-chaise-lounge-cowhide.do

Attachments

• IMG_7942.jpg
    IMG_7942.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0724.jpg
    IMG_0724.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 177
A three thousand dollar chaise lounge? Hmmm, I think I'll just stop by Camping World. They have some that look similar to Mark and Smokes.

This is the chair I take with me as long as the weather is nice. It is the most comfortable lounge chair there is. Designed in 1928! Avoid cheap knockoffs, get the original!

http://www.dwr.com/product/lc4-chaise-lounge-cowhide.do

Gene, who knew a Dodge diesel driver was a francophile :D
But Corbusier! Tres chic!

Gene, who knew a Dodge diesel driver was a francophile :D
But Corbusier! Tres chic!

Yes, Andy. Once I laid my body into this Le Corbusier, I had to have it. I picked up a couple of Eames LCW chairs while I was at it.

Yes, Andy. Once I laid my body into this Le Corbusier, I had to have it. I picked up a couple of Eames LCW chairs while I was at it.

Pretty damn cool, actually. And prolly a good investment too. ;)

i know this thread is dated... BUT i'm grateful for the link to the strongback chair website... we have our two ZEN models in the closet of our Parkliner trailer. We LUV'em!

Ok ... I picked up two (what appear to be authentic) Strong Back Chairs at Walmart for 27.00 + Tax each. Significantly cheaper than the 80 bucks listed on the web site.

For info.

craig333 said:
Wow, if its legit I need to run over and grab a couple more.

Be careful Craig333, Walmart and strong back chairs don't seem to go together, rather spend to $ and get a something that will last :p !

Smoke

WOW! I bought two Strongbacks @ $$$. Just bought a Camp
Fire in a Can @$$$ too. It was made in China. I guess I should have waited for the Harbor Freight editions.

I ordered one after lusting for quite a while. Hoping it comes by Thursday since I am headed to Bishop for a Festival where I will be sitting for long hours enjoying the music. Last year I saw three FWC's and it really got me thinking that this is the way to go.

winks said:
I was ready to order 2 when I saw a few negative reviews on the LL Bean site. Now I am not so sure.
You will find negative reviews for every product. That said, if someone is looking for a soft, lounge chair then this is not the chair for them. You can't lean back in the chair, but it encourages you to sit upright - though you can slouch a little bit. The Strongback chairs are firm - not hard, but firm. That's the point - to provide support for your back.

I'm a big heavy guy and love my Strongback chair - can sit in it for hours comfortably.

Back
Top Bottom