Alaskan comes down crooked

lost in space

Hello all. I have a 1995 10' cabover. I have a problem on this that I have not yet seen on this forum. About 3/4 of the way down, the right side actually stops and the left side continues downward. The truck is level and there are no obstructions. I can get it to right itself by pushing up on the left side and then the right side will clear itself and come down (backache). Anyone know what the problem is? I'm gonna give Brian a call tomorrow.

thanks,
Mike

Hello all. I have a 1995 10' cabover. I have a problem on this that I have not yet seen on this forum. About 3/4 of the way down, the right side actually stops and the left side continues downward. The truck is level and there are no obstructions. I can get it to right itself by pushing up on the left side and then the right side will clear itself and come down (backache). Anyone know what the problem is? I'm gonna give Brian a call tomorrow.

thanks,
Mike

Might be time to replace the o-ring on that corner.

I would jack the top up all the way, wipe the exterior slides and then spray some lube on them before replacing any o-rings. BTW, are any of the latter leaking?

Mike

I would jack the top up all the way, wipe the exterior slides and then spray some lube on them before replacing any o-rings. BTW, are any of the latter leaking?

Mike

I used to have that problem. I replaced with the larger newer pistons. Used to be a problem going up too. No more problems now. Alaskan switched over to larger size in 1998 I believe.

I used to have that problem. I replaced with the larger newer pistons. Used to be a problem going up too. No more problems now. Alaskan switched over to larger size in 1998 I believe.

do you recall what they charge for the newer version pistons?

Back
Top Bottom