All Terrain Camper Cougar Pictures

chnlisle

Post Master
OK, as promised here are a few pictures of my new Cougar. I'll start outside with the awning. It is free standing but can be set up with the legs on the ground. Either way it can be use with securing lines if needed but as you all know nothing works well when its windy.

Awning 1.JPG Awning 2.JPG Awning 3.JPG

As you can see this awning is quite large. About 8.5 feet square.

Here are a few interior pix. You can see right off that I've eliminated the couch giving us tons of floor and storage space for our blue RubberMade containers. You can also see the "L: shaped couch that house the auxiliary batt. and the solar controller. It has additional storage and is great place to take a quick nap without going upstairs. I also wanted the seat cushions to be as close to the level of the window sill as possible.
Int from door.JPG

Here are pix with the bed in and with the bed out. The bed slider is 28" rather than the usual 16". This gives us a 81" X 76" bed. With the 4" foam Pam said it was by far the most comfortable camper bed we've ever had and I agree.Bed in.JPG Bed out.JPG

This pic gives you a good idea of how the Engel MT45 fits in. You can also see the small driver side window that is an available option on the cougar. You might notice the conspicuous absence of the 3 burner stove. We figure that since we bring a stove anyway and rarely cook inside the camper that we didn't really need it and it gives a lot more counter space.
Drvr rear.JPG

Here are a few more interior pix.
Pass front.JPG Pass rear.JPG Engel.JPG

I'm interested in your comments so bring it on.

That's a nick looking camper. I am happy to see the Engel fridge. If you use a MT35 with a two zone you can open it with the roof down and get a cold drink or some ice cream bars.. It works very slick.P9290001.JPG

Just a suggestion

Jay,

I know I keep asking...but could you provide some detail on how the "new" awning is attached to the camper.
Awning rail?...Source?
How about a source for the fabric?

Thank you~

BB,
The Engel is on a "Slide lock" but not a slider so it's fixed. There's plenty of room to open it even with the top down. I appreciate your comments. Pam and I love this lay out.

RJ & Marc,
Thank you I think it's a winner too.

Jeff,
did you see the pictures I posted here?;
http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4913/page__st__10
Awning rail is screwed onto the camper and awning chord/welt is sewn onto the awning fabric. I used 54" Outdura;
http://www.housefabric.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=46249
The fabric was on "sale" for $10.97 a yard 2 weeks ago.

Jay,

It looks really great. One thing I would do is remove the headbanger cabinet on the passenger side over the window. You have plenty of cabinet space already. That window sill makes a decent sitting bench once you remove the cabinet. I removed mine, it makes all the difference.

It is nice (as witnessed in your first image) that even with the biggest ATC camper of all, your Dodge 2500 sits nice and level. Stock is where it is at for reliability and safety!

Gene

Thanks Gene,
Pam loves that cabinet so happy wife happy life. The Dodge sits nice and thats with only 45 lbs in the rears..... for demonstration use only of course.

Jay, we've been looking forward to the photos and report. Thanks, it looks good! The ATC guys are great. We would like to see some photos of it stuffed full of your travel necessities and "on the road"! Kind of in work mode. Where's the next trip?

Monte,
We're thinking about going to http://www.usaprocyclingchallenge.com/ in a couple of weeks. The logistics haven't been worked out yet and I'm headed to L.A. tomorrow to visit my mom and sister. I should have more information Tuesday. I will say this though. The floor space is cavernous. All those Rubber Made containers will fit nicely.

Very nice layout. It looks like you put a lot of thought into it. You can't go wrong with 8FT of floor space. I hope to meet up with you some time to check it out. Happy trails to you.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom