ATC Manx

Nice work, Manxman! I'm an amateur cabinet maker myself so thought long and serious about the shell route on my Hawk Flatbed I just ordered. But I HATE plumbing so decided to let FWC do the whole thing and then modify stuff.

One thought- on our current hawk I went in and changed several of the cabinet shelves into sliding trays with heavy duty, full extension drawer slides. You would be amazed at how much this helps things be accessible. It would be super easy to do this now if you wanted.

Steve

smlobx said:
Beautiful work!

Do you have any pics of the truck flatbed being built?
A few, but they don't show much.

i-tFgzBQz-M.jpg

i-5dkScH9-M.jpg

i-QWKgLGH-M.jpg

Durango1 said:
Nice work, Manxman! I'm an amateur cabinet maker myself so thought long and serious about the shell route on my Hawk Flatbed I just ordered. But I HATE plumbing so decided to let FWC do the whole thing and then modify stuff.

One thought- on our current hawk I went in and changed several of the cabinet shelves into sliding trays with heavy duty, full extension drawer slides. You would be amazed at how much this helps things be accessible. It would be super easy to do this now if you wanted.

Steve
I'm a certified amateur at all of this build, but it sure has been a fun project.

Re the cabinet shelves:
Because we will be continuing to use our backpacking kitchen equipment in the camper, every bit of it easily fits in the one drawer my wife wanted. I like your idea but we have been living out of backpacks and saddlebags for so many years that we are not sure what we will put in all the storage we have now, so getting to it shouldn't be a problem.

We are still trying to get used to the idea of having a fridge for our food, water I don't have to pump through a filter and sleeping off the ground. Pure decadence. :p

MANXMAN said:
We are still trying to get used to the idea of having a fridge for our food, water I don't have to pump through a filter and sleeping off the ground. Pure decadence. :p
Although we agree whole heartedly................... :)

.................the ground still holds a big place in our hearts.

Decadence! Yes! :)

MANXMAN said:
Speaking as a long time backpacker/ rafter and outdoor lover trust me: You'll get "corrupted" very quickly! :)

Durango1 said:
Speaking as a long time backpacker/ rafter and outdoor lover trust me: You'll get "corrupted" very quickly! :)
You're probably right. We're going to try to resist the temptation of adding "stuff" though. A year from now we will know how successful we have been.

A couple of pictures from this weekends progress.

Countertop on the storage compartment.
i-q36DST4-L.jpg

Seat cushions done and table finished.

i-qQKHpdf-L.jpg

Made a little more progress this weekend.

Stove and sink installed.
i-dmgRx9s-M.jpg

Built a light weight slide for the port potty.
Used some 3/4" aluminum L to make a guide
i-jCTQP68-M.jpg

Made a small drawer that slides on upholstery fabric glued to the bottom with a small bolt latch to lock the P/P in place while driving.
i-26gqbKK-M.jpg

Slides in and out easily and can't move at all when it's locked for travel.
i-LrHsj3N-M.jpg

After a case of real life getting in the way of fun, I finally returned to this project and got it finished.

A few pictures
i-qFp6mmR-L.jpg

We ended up with lots of storage space
i-3LVZGT7-L.jpg

Side dinette, little pantry and Engel fridge
i-wcCKLjc-L.jpg

counter space
i-zV3mDLM-L.jpg

i-nJgT82J-L.jpg

Torklift Steps
i-Jv8nxH5-L.jpg

Zamp 160 watt panel mated to a group 31 AGM battery.
i-rfJzkHr-L.jpg

This is awesome! Going to go back and read from the beginning over the weekend. Congrats on a very nice looking finished product.

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

Manxman, I just went through the full post as well, and just wanted to add my congrats! Very, very well done, you and the Mrs should be quite proud, indeed! Enjoy it now, that's the reward!

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

Back
Top Bottom