Back To The Spark Plug Mine

Really nice to revisit familiar terrain through your eyes, 'pinners!
Love the petroglyph shots, quite a few are familiar to me.

I can see you did a good job detailing the museum photos. What a trove of original memorabilia.
And 1750' vert in 50 mins? Uh huh. We'll be keeping the rear guard when hiking with the likes of you.

Looking fwd to Part Two

You and your "deliverance" posse get to the coolest places. I ran across Lighthawk up near Tahoe last summer. Hope to meet you one day.

Like others have said I'm looking forward to the last chapter. Sitting here in Gillette WY this morning I have always wanted to pull those Iron bars off one of those old jails. I think the beast could get the job done. Just a back up plan.

Very interesting report. Looks like a great spot to visit. Amazing story about the persistence of the the miners and now the people who take care of the place. Sorry about the ranting lunatic. It sounds like you two handled it well. Reminds me of the sentiment that everyone you meet is fighting a struggle you know nothing about, so treat them kindly. -a thought often attributed to the writer Ian MacLaren, also known as John Watson.

DirtyDog said:
Have you been to the springs in the Hart Mountain refuge? That's more my speed.
If you go there, go to the "source pool". The regular one in concrete isn't warm enough...lukewarm bathwater.

Another couple of springs in that general area are the Willow Creek hot springs off of the White Horse Ranch Road (north of Denio, NV), and the Virgin Valley CG swimming pool and shower, west of Denio.

The more mines I visit the more I'm convinced all miners were/are certifiably crazy. Sorry about your hot springs incident.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Another couple of springs in that general area are the Willow Creek hot springs off of the White Horse Ranch Road (north of Denio, NV), and the Virgin Valley CG swimming pool and shower, west of Denio.
Drove by Willow Creek a few years back without knowing about the springs. Stopped at Virgin Valley that same trip. Humm.................Willow Creek maybe we can make that an "on the way to someplace stop"? Thanks Mr. Sage. Do you expect there would be any Oregonians around? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom