Benton Hot Springs - November 2016

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
We headed back to Benton for a weekend to celebrate my birthday and my slide deeper into geezerdom. We returned home both of us feeling at least a decade or two younger. Maybe three. Maybe four. It was that good. You are welcome to join us - trip report blog style - please click on this link -

Benton Hot Springs - November 2016

Mr. 3Pin, don't you know that at our age it takes a long time to heal when you slide down an icy hillside?

Fantastic trip report as always! Neat to learn about the movie set! Thanks for letting us tag along!

Many thanks for yet another fine report.

Some time back, maybe from your previous trip, I showed my wife some pictures from Benton HS. It's definitely "on the list". Perhaps "When I'm 64". Won't be long now!

Foy

Thanks for the report. Really need to wander through that area one of these days.

So many trips, so little time...

Almost passed this one up. I could swear the ski3pins were at Benton Hot Springs just recently :)

Thanks for the trip report and happy birthday. Finding lonely places on holidays is a fun challenge. Last July 4th, the Redhead and I saw only one pickup a ways off in two days in SW MT. "It doesn't get any better than that!"

Geezerdom is just a state of mind, and we admire yours.

Looks like you frequented the usual haunts. But the mystery of the White Mtns will have to be revealed.
Thanks for not naming the other springs, as they get too much traffic these days.

Happy trip around the bright shiny thing, as WS says! Each and every one counts!

------
post script
We'll be at Benton for TDay and are thinking to visit the grotto.

Hello Ski3pins!

What a wonderful way to celebrate another year older. My compliments to the two of you, and the obvious special relationship you have together. We haven't met, but it's so apparent in your writings of your many outings and activities as a couple, and especially the way you reference "The Lady"! I love it, very inspiring!

Anyhow, I enjoyed your trip report, and the wonderful pictures!

Thanks,

Poky

Bytheway, I'm maybe a little naive, but is geezerdom when you turn 60? If so, dang, it's happened then!

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

Ski,

Happy Belated Birthday. Yes we are getting older and our bones remind us of that everyday. With that said it is great to be able to do the things we do, see the places we want to see, having fun all along the way. I look forward to the day that I can go where ever I want to and for as long as I want to. We always enjoy your trip reports and this one was no exception. Keep them coming. jd

Lighthawk said:
Thanks for not naming the other springs, as they get too much traffic these days................................
Wow, you are sure correct about this! The place was very busy Sunday around noon, so much so that we just made our sandwiches in the parking area and people watched................................................too too busy to even attempt a soak. There was even a big rig tractor up there.

Everyone, thanks so much for the very kind comments about our trip. It is much appreciated. In terms of the threshold of becoming a geezer, I'd say that for the WTW crowd that definitely is at 62 and you purchase your $10 for life senior interagency pass, aka geezer card.

The continuing steps I'm discovering first hand. I passed the 64 test so I reckon the next installment will be medicare!

I plan on having as much fun this side of the headstone that I can.

And Mr. Sage, about that fall and healing up at our age...............................the healing warm spring waters fixed everything. It truly is magic. If we could stay there for a week I'd expect the Lady's missing finger maybe might grow back.It is that good!

Happy belated birthday and thank you for once again taking us all along as you seek out "California's Gold". Can't wait to find out more about those secrets up in them thar hills.

Hey nice trip and photos, that's no Mira Lago for sure. I love the old car pic especially. I was wondering if another guy was with you would that be a mono y mono trip?

Wait, you're 64?? All this time I was thinking you were a young pup. So that gives me great hope and something to shoot for when I reach that incredible old age. Let's see, a year and a half from now, if I make it that far lol. So with the onset of age it does not seem the wanderlust is subsiding in your boots, that's inspirational. I was reading your trip around Idaho and saving it for future reference, thanks for that as well!

Lastly, I'd like to add that it's not the years in your wife that matter, but the wife in your years. There's a greeting card in there somewhere.

I'm jealous! Benton is one of my favorite places to visit and I promised I'd make it there again this year, but unfortunately, time is running out in 2016.

Glad you had a nice weekend and thanks for sharing.

P.S. Happy Birthday again.

Everyone, again a warm thanks for all the kind comments! Mr. Whazoo, we can't do anything about the advancing years but do our best to enjoy them. Yes we can! :)

We discovered Benton Hot Springs last year on our trip from Salt Lake City to Yosemite. It was a great place to spend a night, and the drive down US 6 was beautiful.

Welcome to Geezerhood. I remember crossing that threshold, but I can't remember when.

Back
Top Bottom