Big Pine Creek - October 2019

I was just at Ebbetts Pass last week. I rode my bike from near Markleeville to the summit and a bit beyond to the west. Looks like there are boondocking sites here and there, right?

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
We made a trip up the Ebbetts pass area about the time of the second outage,
24 Oct..We didn't get much color over the pass.

rubberlegs said:
I was just at Ebbetts Pass last week. I rode my bike from near Markleeville to the summit and a bit beyond to the west. Looks like there are boondocking sites here and there, right?
There are a lot of nice camp areas along the pass area.
Let me know when you want some info.
This is a great time of year on the pass.
With it still open very few people go up there.

This is a late in the year for it to be still open.
Frank

Mountain Lakes are beautiful. You definitely have a large backyard to play in. The Aspen colors are really beautiful. Thanks for another wonderful trip report. jd

Tears. Big Pine Creek. Sage Flat campground. We hiked up the S Fork one day and to Lon Chaney's cabin the next. My husband of 27 years passed on to the next leg of the journey three months later. I have not been back since.

teledork said:
Tears. Big Pine Creek. Sage Flat campground. We hiked up the S Fork one day and to Lon Chaney's cabin the next. My husband of 27 years passed on to the next leg of the journey three months later. I have not been back since.
I just don’t know what to say, other than my sincere condolences. Even though death of a loved one is inevitable, it’s so difficult to accept. I understand the tears.

teledork said:
It is amazing how strong "place" holds in our memories. I have so many friends who have lost a spouse. Memories hold them together. Best wishes to you, teledork.

Beautiful. Love Lundy Lake and the aspens. Will try this in the fall. Thanks for the beautiful photos.

Back
Top Bottom