Bombsight Build Thread

Bombsight,

Did you ever find a solution to the swing out rear tire carrier? I recall you offering to let Aluminess borrow your truck to fabricate one, but they turned you down. Personally, I'd really like to have a spare on the back, with the option to strap maxtrax or a trash-a-roo to it.

I was considering going with the wilco:

https://www.wilcooffroad.com/wp-content/uploads/Hitchgate-Solo-Guide.pdf

However, once installed, tongue rating is only 7,500 lbs. My truck is closer to 10,000 lbs with FWC on board. Would be problematic if I needed to be recovered from the rear...

Bombsight said:
Still fighting the good fight, Doc.
No luck yet.
I reached out to Aluminess. They've designed a front bumper and are ready to do the designs for a rear bumper. Only catch is it requires 3 trips to their factory in San Diego area of CA. #1 - take bumper off, look it over, measurements; #2 - install prototype 6-8 weeks later; #3 - install final product 2-4 weeks after this.

With two young children and a busy work schedule, this may be a little difficult for me to overcome. Perhaps you have some flexibility/interest? I would love a rear tire swing and box...

doc said:
I reached out to Aluminess. They've designed a front bumper and are ready to do the designs for a rear bumper. Only catch is it requires 3 trips to their factory in San Diego area of CA. #1 - take bumper off, look it over, measurements; #2 - install prototype 6-8 weeks later; #3 - install final product 2-4 weeks after this.

With two young children and a busy work schedule, this may be a little difficult for me to overcome. Perhaps you have some flexibility/interest? I would love a rear tire swing and box...
I could send them my bumper.
... but 12 weeks lolligagging around, waiting on a bumper, doesn't sound appealing.

Looks like a great place to keep her safe, clean and happy. What's the spider-leg type of device attached to the ceiling?

Bombsight said:
I'm surprised nobody has asked what's in the long black cabinet with diamond plate edges.
I'll bite....whats in there?
My camper is jealous by the way.

Attachments

• _DSC0001.jpg
    _DSC0001.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 312
  • _DSC0007.jpg
    _DSC0007.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 319
Wow, this quite impressive. You've definitely spared no expense. I'd love a shelter for my truck/camper...

Back
Top Bottom