Bombsight Build Thread

I didn't see the Thermal Pack (liner) in the options list. This makes a big difference keeping the inside a bit cooler in the summer (not as HOT) and definitely warmer in the winter. I did not order my Hawk with the Thermal Pack. After seeing it in use, I ordered the pack and installed it myself. There is an excellent "how to" in this sub-forum.

FWC charges for change orders. But, you have a 2 week old order so you never know...

Advmoto18 said:
Which generator are you planning on using to power the AC? I'm curious because I'm looking at different post-purchase AC options.
Thanks

My generator:

Attachments

• 14429996849_4894243d80_k.jpg
    14429996849_4894243d80_k.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 334
  • 14430178077_c1291f7888_k.jpg
    14430178077_c1291f7888_k.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 335
Bombsight, Congrats on the order.

I placed mine two weeks ago. Almost same options but on a Raven. I have the 1500 All Terrain with the 5'9" bed. Wish I had the longer bed for the Hawk but will make do. I also ordered the AC, live in Florida and drive to Dallas (I'm from there) a lot. I will need it.
Good looking truck, mine is a 2014.

ofc11066 said:
Bombsight, Congrats on the order.

I placed mine two weeks ago. Almost same options but on a Raven. I have the 1500 All Terrain with the 5'9" bed. Wish I had the longer bed for the Hawk but will make do. I also ordered the AC, live in Florida and drive to Dallas (I'm from there) a lot. I will need it.
Good looking truck, mine is a 2014.
Thanks, Chris.

Bombsight, is that a factory back up camera? And if so, where did you order it? Looking at doing something similar instead of re routing the one on the tailgate.

ofc11066 said:
Bombsight, is that a factory back up camera? And if so, where did you order it? Looking at doing something similar instead of re routing the one on the tailgate.
Check out www.cubbycam.com

Step 2.....

6.5" Lift with 35x12.50x20 Toyo tires & Hostile Gauntlet wheels.

Attachments

• WTW 1.jpg
    WTW 1.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 313
Question about jack leg heights ...

What is the max height of the bottom of a 2016 Hawk when lifted with the FWC jacks?

Can I get the HAWK on & off of a 2016 GMC Sierra with a 6.5" lift?? :unsure:

My bed sets 42 3/4" off of the ground.

Also, has anyone ever mounted large wheels on the jack leg feet?

Attachments

• DSC04876 copy.jpg
    DSC04876 copy.jpg
    480.2 KB · Views: 222
If needed put blocks under jacks to increase height; rather than max plus extension of jack...add blocks at least until the wind blows it over! :D

That Sir is a "Don't mess with Texas" size truck! Supplemental oxygen needed.

Phil

Lol ... yea, she's pretty big. :D She said she wants to be an Earth Roamer when she grows up.

I had thought about the blocks solution but was hoping somebody would pipe in and tell me the jacks will do the job by themselves.

Attachments

• 2016 3500HD DENALI copy.jpg
    2016 3500HD DENALI copy.jpg
    481.3 KB · Views: 236
You should be OK. My F-250 is 38" from ground to bed. Otherwise use blocks. Don't put casters on legs. There was a post by Stan at FWC. The legs will have minds of there own which could damage the brackets and camper frame. Jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

longhorn1 said:
You should be OK. My F-250 is 38" from ground to bed. Otherwise use blocks. Don't put casters on legs. There was a post by Stan at FWC. The legs will have minds of there own which could damage the brackets and camper frame. Jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app
Thanks, Longhorn.
I was thinking blocks might be best anyway. Using them would mean less extension of legs equalling less cranking (work).
I had reservations about using casters on the jack legs but you just made my mind up.

I'll be a true FWC owner come next week and pics of just a truck will be no more. :cool:

Don't use the blocks unless necessary, without the blocks you will be able to reposition the jacks a bit at a time just by kicking them in whatever direction you want the camper to move. Ron

nikonron said:
Don't use the blocks unless necessary, without the blocks you will be able to reposition the jacks a bit at a time just by kicking them in whatever direction you want the camper to move. Ron
Thanks, Ron. Nothing like baby steps!

On that note; how effective do you think these would be when positioning? ....

Attachments

• Slider.jpg
    Slider.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 193
Back
Top Bottom