Bombsight Build Thread

DrJ said:
Bombsight,
You need to moonlight as a FWC consultant!
I tried to get them to implement an indoor shower on the Hawk side dinette before I ordered mine .... I really did :D .
Thanks, DrJ .... all they have to do is ask and my ideas are free.

Bombsight said:
GMC one ton with Firestone Ride-rites.
I thought you have a 2500HD? Was this an upgrade, or am I mistaken? Also, is this under load with bags pressurized? I'm curious if the weight of the camper is enough to engage the extra springs when the bags are used.

Mistaken, Bags were added mainly to level the truck ... consequently, they improved the ride a lot. Unless I were to mount a GoPro and video the leafs, I'll never know if they are all used at any time. Guessing? ... I'd say its overkill. The photo is with everything loaded except the water tank. ..... bags are inflated.

Thank you, Happy. We think so too. Hoping to get away in November and actually use it.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 253

Attachments

• Combi-cam 3 copy copy.jpg
    Combi-cam 3 copy copy.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 331
  • Combi-cam 1 copy.jpg
    Combi-cam 1 copy.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 344
  • Combi-cam 2 copy.jpg
    Combi-cam 2 copy.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 348
  • DSC06308 copy.jpg
    DSC06308 copy.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 314
Hey BS [could not resist that! :D ],

Wow, lot of ingenuity in planing all this out..not sniping, but doesn't anyone feel a little uneasy having a shower inside the camper? Not just the chance of leaking into the flooring/cabinets but the moisture it introduces inside even with a fan seems counter intuitive. We have very, very low humidity here, but in many areas, not here, mold is a real problem.

You outside shower enclosure is very cool...

Phil

Wallowa said:
Hey BS [could not resist that! :D ],

Wow, lot of ingenuity in planing all this out..not sniping, but doesn't anyone feel a little uneasy having a shower inside the camper? Not just the chance of leaking into the flooring/cabinets but the moisture it introduces inside even with a fan seems counter intuitive. We have very, very low humidity here, but in many areas, not here, mold is a real problem.

You outside shower enclosure is very cool...

Phil
Uh, its one word so don't try to stick me with that. ;)

Showering in freezing rain is when I mostly would feel uneasy.... or being funky from not showering at all.
I'm pretty confident that my indoor design will not allow for h20 outside of the basin or curtain .... and the fan will pull most if not all steam/humidity out. I'll go back to the drawing board if any of what I said turns out to be BS.

Bombsight said:
Uh, its one word so don't try to stick me with that. ;)

Showering in freezing rain is when I mostly would feel uneasy.... or being funky from not showering at all.
I'm pretty confident that my indoor design will not allow for h20 outside of the basin or curtain .... and the fan will pull most if not all steam/humidity out. I'll go back to the drawing board if any of what I said turns out to be BS.
Bombsight...I would never stick you with anything derogatory...besides I would "never mess with Texas"; cuz my son lives there..

Looking forward to more of your inventive ideas...keep them coming. :cool:

Phil

Mounted a different solar LED porch light today with 3M double sided tape.
Really makes if safer getting in/out of camper not to mention convenient auto lighting when unlocking camper door ..... and the hassle of replacing batteries and turning it on/off is eliminated (motion activated).

Awesome if I say so myself. :D https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FNLRTJK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had this one (p.i.t.a. battery operated) ... but it fell out of its mount when off roading last month:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J38JFVY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• DSC06363.jpg
    DSC06363.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 389
  • DSC06364.jpg
    DSC06364.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 414
My wife & I really enjoyed our rig this past weekend ...

Attachments

• hb 1.jpg
    hb 1.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 241
  • hb 2.jpg
    hb 2.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 261
  • hb 3.jpg
    hb 3.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 230
  • hb 4.jpg
    hb 4.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 239
Thanks, buddy. That's a quiet little beach in La. Saw a total of 4 cars at a distance the whole time we were there.

Back
Top Bottom