Bombsight Build Thread

The wetsuit drying rack is a nice idea!

Put one on the front lift bracket, attach two crossbars front and back, tie a tarp over it and have an awning.

Likely other uses like hanging a lantern etc.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, 323 & Longhorn.

Wont be long before I have a couple more mods to view (Quick pitch shower and mold elimination).

Bombsight,

Do you have sketches or drawings with a material list for fabricating the wet suit rack?

I would like to make a couple for our camper. My thought is to modify the fold out direction and put one on each rear corner of the camper. I could then use a removable crossbar between them with an awning track attached to the wall above the camper door so I can easily and quickly hang a tarp and have an awning over the rear door.

I think that may be a lot cheaper than buying a rear door awning (I have looked at Fiamma F35 as well as Carefree of Colorado and a rear door awning is around $500 or more.

ckent323 said:
Bombsight,

Do you have sketches or drawings with a material list for fabricating the wet suit rack?
Sorry, I don't. I just went to my local hardware store and bought some aluminum. It all just fell in place after that.
Here are a couple of photos if that helps any ...

Attachments

• ww1.jpg
    ww1.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 208
  • ww2.jpg
    ww2.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 212
Bombsight,

It looks like you used 1-1/2" or 2" square Al tubing and 1/4" x 1-1/2" (or 2") Al bar stock plus a solid block of Al for a spacer.

Is that about correct?

Is there anything you would do differently if you built another?

Regards,
Craig

1" square Aluminum tubing & Alum. bar stock.
Spacer is the same with stainless hinge and aluminum rivots.
Teflon washers at pivot points and all stainless hardware (3/8" bolts w/teflon lock nuts).

Cant see how I could have done better at this time. The hardest thing is matching all of the holes up properly. A punch is a must.

Looks awesome! Something like that would work great for waders to dry out. I would be worried that the wing nut would vibrate loose, if so would drilling a hole in the bolt and adding a small hitch pin keep it captive? Or just tighten and have a spare in the camper? You have done very well in your design, thanks for sharing!!!

pvstoy said:
Looks awesome! Something like that would work great for waders to dry out. I would be worried that the wing nut would vibrate loose, if so would drilling a hole in the bolt and adding a small hitch pin keep it captive? Or just tighten and have a spare in the camper? You have done very well in your design, thanks for sharing!!!
Thanks, pv.
I have a spare or two in camper. You could use a lock washer but its something else to drop and loose. I don't think it's going anywhere if tightened well.

I thought about using something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GAZ5TLY/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

So Stoked!
Just got home from work and found the Quickpitch en Suite Shower on my front porch! :p
Surpasses my expectations in every aspect and then some. The aluminum is much thicker and more robust than I anticipated.

Heck yea!

Attachments

• Quickpitch Shower.jpg
    Quickpitch Shower.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 162
Installed the Quichpitch shower today. Not an easy job but really happy now that its done.

Attachments

• WTW 1.jpg
    WTW 1.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 241
8 second deployment. Gotta love it.

Attachments

• wtw 2.jpg
    wtw 2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 294
  • wtw 3.jpg
    wtw 3.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 327
  • wtw 4.jpg
    wtw 4.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 321
  • wtw 5.jpg
    wtw 5.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 292
NIce!

What was the cost with shipping? Did you install it yourself? Wondering how it is attached?

I would like to put one on our camper. The pop up shower surround we have now is no good in even a light breeze so I have to jury rig bars off of the Yakima racks on the roof to support it using bungies

Thanks for the photos. Nice to see it installed on a pop-up. Am very curious about price and how it handles a breeze.

I had looked into making a similar overhead support to attach to our factory roof rack but a design that would work well with top either up or down & could be put up when the top was already up didn't come easily to mind. Already had a similar issue with the factory rear awning.

We bought a Zodi i.hut shower enclosure.
http://zodi.com/accessories/ihut-shower-enclosure

It has some similarities in design but is self-supporting. There are stakes to hold it down & attached to its ground cloth. I have put it together as a test but we haven't used it for a shower yet.

Paul

Project complete for now. Still want to make a fold up roof for the shower.

Attachments

• Small _DSC0115 copy.jpg
    Small _DSC0115 copy.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 197
  • small C30P7164.jpg
    small C30P7164.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 226
  • Small C30P7165.jpg
    Small C30P7165.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 207

Back
Top Bottom