Border crossing paperwork

^ Good to hear and completely agree.

Likewise have had, without exception, the same experience the other way.

All good.

I'll leave this with a final, quick story. We have a custom camper deck and the builder made a less than perfect system for tail gate whereby under certain circumstances it can pop out of the hinge. So, once during an inspection, while we waited inside the building, one of the Officers had the tailgate pop out and fall, causing it to be slightly scratched. The Officer dutifully and in a professional but sincere manner, reported and apologised to us for the accident and handed me a claim form with instructions. As it happened the truck was to be resprayed soon anyway, which I explained. And politely declined the offer with my thanks. Only after the Officer was satisfied we were truly OK with everything, were we allowed to proceed.

I've heard many stories but that was a first. Now, whether I would have ever taken up such an offer, IDK . Not sure I'd want a claim against Uncle Sam on my record ... LOL

Reading Frank's post, when going to Canada, if they ask if you have been to Canada before, don't have a brain fart and forget. They asked and after driving a long distance and being tired, we just spaced our trip to Vancouver in 2010. We had new passports. The Canadian border agent asked a half dozen times and we gave him a blank stare. We were then directed under the building where they pulled everything out of the truck, checked the camper and then sent us inside for a background check. 1-1/2 to 2 hours, and after repacking we we're on our way. Guess they thought we were lying or had just insulted Canada

Back
Top Bottom