Bridgeport Area Sierra Fall Color - October 2015

Thanks for another excellent trip report. That area is my favorite part of the Sierra - spent a lot of time around there, especially in the Sawtooth Range, when we lived outside of Reno. Thanks for refreshing some very fond memories.

Another great and interesting trip report. Thanks. Kept the camper on the truck and headed to Brown County Indiana to view the colors this weekend.

Hey Ski thanks for posting up this report. We were not able to get out this season because we were moving and traveling. Still unpacking boxes............ Thanks and it was a pleasure to tag along.

You are becoming quite good with a camera... you have a good eye and it shows in the quality of your images... keep up the good work

Wow, nice shots. We're missing the East Side this year due to other travel plans.
Maybe we can join you for fall colors next year.

Thanks for a great report about a place I love!

We must have just missed each other. Friday, while you were at Dunderberg, I was camped at the trailhead by the Tamarack mine; and I was in Robinson Canyon the same day you were!

Basin Deranged said:
Thanks for a great report about a place I love!

We must have just missed each other. Friday, while you were at Dunderberg, I was camped at the trailhead by the Tamarack mine; and I was in Robinson Canyon the same day you were!
Interesting................We met a father and son hiking down canyon. There was a small group of backpackers packing up their camp just below Barney. Two male backpackers were taking a break at Barney on their way out. One female stopped for a few minutes at Barney. Two couples staying at Mono Village hiked into Barney. We met two hiking groups hiking up while we were returning to Twin Lakes.

I probably went in after you and left before you. I arrived at the trailhead on my bicycle about 10am, went up the trail a couple of miles and fished the first meadow in the wilderness for a couple of hours, then walked to the wilderness boundary and bicycled back to "Crags" camp at the east end of the lakes. If you went by the wilderness boundary while I was in the area you would have seen my bicycle locked to the post.

gallery_5833_947_78824.jpg

Basin Deranged said:
...................................................................... you would have seen my bicycle locked to the post.

gallery_5833_947_78824.jpg
Ah, that was your bike! It was gone when we returned.

Seems like it may be time for some WTW swag like:
Small decal for bikes, hiking staff, etc
Large decal for camper windows
Sew on patch
Baseball caps
Insulated travel cup
Day pack
Water bottle

Could help us recognize an otherwise incognito friend. ;)
Profits to go to maintaining web site.

Paul

Thanks Ski. Enjoyed all the color.We just returned from 2 weeks in Yellowstone/Teton,and have to say not much color as previous years.
Maybe late or weather conditions.
What we saw was nice.
Report to come soon.
Frank

Wow, you all managed to pull a lot of color out of a drought. Stunning photography and inspiring narrative as usual. Congrats to Ted and his induction into SOM...

Back
Top Bottom