Building Our New Camper

Riverrunner said:
Cool to see how the canvas is attached to the roof. That explains a few things. How do they attach the canvas to the main body?
Just put the lower trim on with every 5th or 6th screw first. Then remove one screw and tug at the liner until you have it just right then install a couple of screws and move over a foot and repeat. Depending on the weather will depend on how tight you make the sideliner. When it is cold you go for quite tight. When it is over 80 you make it a little loose. You must hook up the front and rear bungies before you attach the bottom of the sideliner. I am sorry I forgot to take pictures of that part.
Marty

This is the best build out thread EVER! Can't say enough good things about ATC. Is the cabover extended? Its hard to tell in the photo. Congrats!

marty said:
Just put the lower trim on with every 5th or 6th screw first. Then remove one screw and tug at the liner until you have it just right then install a couple of screws and move over a foot and repeat. Depending on the weather will depend on how tight you make the sideliner. When it is cold you go for quite tight. When it is over 80 you make it a little loose. You must hook up the front and rear bungies before you attach the bottom of the sideliner. I am sorry I forgot to take pictures of that part.
Marty
Marty thanks for letting all of us watch how you build our campers.
Frank

Hey three pin,

A big thanks for this thread! We are waiting anxiously for our FWC, and it's really nice to see a very similar unit under construction! It looks like you're getting a top quality camper!

Tight turns,

Captain Telemark

It was Thursday afternoon.
“Can you back a truck under a camper?” Marty asked me.
“Like I’ve never done it before?” I answered knowing Marty was kidding.
I got in the driver’s seat and wondered if I’d embarrass myself. Four years ago this operation scared the crap out of me. Both the Lady and I have gotten much better. With Marty on one side and Brad on the other, easily visible in the side mirrors, it was only a few moments – “You’re there. Cut the motor.”
Our new camper was on our truck.

gallery_1902_710_81453.jpg

gallery_1902_710_89033.jpg

We could not be happier with the quality of these guys work and the camper they built and the care they took in making this dream come true for us. It looks right at home, right in its place.

I asked the guys to pose for a group photo, Jeff, Marty, the Lady, Brad, and Chad.

gallery_1902_710_107843.jpg

Again, a big thank you to All Terrain Campers allowing me to document the building of our camper and taking photos for me when I was not there.

Yes, I was in the camper before dawn this morning. I checked my drawings and notes and plans. All the placements of wiring and other layout to help with how the interior will be built are right on. Thanks again guys! This is great! On with the build.

To be continued.............................

Yeeeeeee-hawwwwww! I love that it has the blog title on it. Looking forward to watching the interior build out progress now.

Looks like the ATC crew is going with the Duck Dynasty look. Let those beards grow out another year or so and they'll be set. :p

Doug Stewart said:
So, you guys got the ski3pin signature model All Terrain Camper, eh?

Ted said:
Yeeeeeee-hawwwwww! I love that it has the blog title on it.
They have a real cool decal machine for all their logos. Brad handles that work. We had talked about the ski3pin name and the blog and gave the go ahead to Brad to come up with something he thought would look good. We are, of course, really happy with the complete finished package. :) Thanks again Brad!

Stew, "ski3pin signature model", thanks for the chuckle this morning. :)

Ski and Lady,very nice looking.I was going to ask if you were getting the "storm" flaps but I see they are there.
IMO don't know why these have been deleted from some builders campers.I find them extremely handy,rain,or sun they are a must for me.
Have a great time with the finishing work.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Ski and Lady,very nice looking.I was going to ask if you were getting the "storm" flaps but I see they are there.
Going without storm flaps, from our experience, is like not carrying the 10 essentials in your pack. It is a whole lot more sewing to make the sideliner with the outside flaps but I sure like the option of having them.

super doody said:
This is the best build out thread EVER! Can't say enough good things about ATC. Is the cabover extended? Its hard to tell in the photo. Congrats!
I don't believe All Terrain calls it an extended cabover, although it is 47 inches. It is the only size they make, I believe. And from watching how these campers are built, I see it really makes sense. The wide aluminum channel that is the top edge of the side frames and is then bent around the bed board, it only comes in a standard length, enough to do what you might call "the extended bed." The melamine ply used for the bed board is in standard 4 x 8 sheets, so 48 inches with one inch over the front wall makes a nice size cabover.. To do a shorter cabover means you cut off material and add it to the scrap pile.

Back
Top Bottom