Building Our New Camper

We made more progress late this afternoon and evening. I must thank the guys at ATC for one more thing, this camper is square! It is so nice to be able to cut and trim and not have to make adjustments. Thanks!

Again, I will add commentary later, but you should get an idea of what we're up to from the photos. Rest and sleep are taking over as the priorities right now. :)

gallery_1902_710_55730.jpg

gallery_1902_710_49736.jpg

gallery_1902_710_10669.jpg

Made more progress this evening. The crew is still here sewing on the cold weather pack. We finished up the lids to our storage boxes/dinette seats. Also routed the slots in the bottom of the cabinet for the drawer push button latches.

gallery_1902_710_77238.jpg

gallery_1902_710_56323.jpg

gallery_1902_710_99527.jpg

gallery_1902_710_22099.jpg

gallery_1902_710_79672.jpg

gallery_1902_710_28968.jpg

gallery_1902_710_143916.jpg

Progress is looking good. I see you found another Lagun-style table leg.

A question- looks like it will be hard to get at the turnbuckles. Does your camper live on the truck full-time? I have to take my fridge out to get at the front turnbuckles. Not really a problem but I did put locking nuts on the turnbuckles to ensure they don't loosen up while I'm traveling since it is hard to get at them.

takesiteasy said:
Progress is looking good. I see you found another Lagun-style table leg.

A question- looks like it will be hard to get at the turnbuckles. Does your camper live on the truck full-time? I have to take my fridge out to get at the front turnbuckles. Not really a problem but I did put locking nuts on the turnbuckles to ensure they don't loosen up while I'm traveling since it is hard to get at them.
Turnbuckles were doable but a bit of a chore on our first camper. ATC happily agreed to moving the forward portholes around five inches back from standard placement. It will be a bit easier. I only have to empty the storage boxes to check them. I've used a wing nut on the turnbuckles as a locker. I have not had any problem with loosening.

I like the placement of the stove and sink.I would liked to have the 3 way mounted forward instead of in the rear,but it all works out.Not going to change it now.
Looks like everything is moving along smoothly.
Frank

When we were able to move again after an incredible Thanksgiving feast, we finished up the sewing of the cold weather pack.

gallery_1902_710_72134.jpg

gallery_1902_710_21224.jpg

gallery_1902_710_94560.jpg

gallery_1902_710_40828.jpg

A special thank you to Mom Spider, a wizard with thread.

Thanks for the update, it is looking good. I am trying to decide where to put my fuse box and breaker. Looking at yours, can you reach the 110 breaker if you need to? I assume you are using a chest type refrigerator?

Bill

billharr said:
Thanks for the update, it is looking good. I am trying to decide where to put my fuse box and breaker. Looking at yours, can you reach the 110 breaker if you need to? I assume you are using a chest type refrigerator?

Bill
The missing bottom panel will be access for the fuse block and breakers. I can reach in and flip a breaker. Also for consideration is code that 110 AC and 12V wires cannot cross each other and must be a couple of inches apart. DC wires can be run inside walls. AC wires can only go through walls.

Back
Top Bottom